Assistant Director - Editor
Job Description Role: ( JOB SUMMARY)
This role will work closely with other production team members to produce timely and high-quality publications while also coordinating with the marketing, sales, client services, data services and IT teams to ensure that all materials are client-focused. Responsibilities:
- Edit company products to highlight key content, eliminate wordiness, uphold company style and observe the finer points of grammar.
- Shape articles, web postings and other materials in accordance with company standards to enhance the value to the client and differentiate our products from other sources of information.
- Produce polished, error-free materials, often on tight deadlines.
- Apply company writing standards to ensure that commentaries, web postings, reports and other materials are sharply focused, succinct and organized for maximum client impact.
- Guide copy editors in upholding higher-level writing standards and help the senior editor coach economics authors and editors in the art of client-centered writing.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in English, communications, journalism or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in news, academic, social sciences or related editing.
- Background in business, financial or economics writing or editing strongly preferred.
- Web editing experience is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.