The Assistant Director MESG Sales is responsible for identifying opportunity's and delivering Moody's ESG products across ESG, Climate and Sustainable Finance in the Australian and New Zealand markets. Responsibilities:
- Meet established sales targets by selling MESG products to asset managers, asset owners, banks, insurance firms, corporates and government.
- Manage the full lifecycle sales process from lead generation through to qualification, presentation, proposal, negotiation and documentation.
- Responsible for ongoing client management, client retention and ESG product cross-selling in collaboration with Moody's Analytics Relationship Managers
- Develop and enhance strong relationships with clients, prospects, partners and other stakeholders.
- Participate in all proposals for MESG clients including Quotes, RFP's and RFI's.
- Maintain accurate CRM reporting across pipeline and meeting activity.
- Work closely with ESG Product Specialists, Marketing, and Product Strategy across the MESG ecosystem to leverage appropriate expertise.
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Position requires some interstate travel.
- Bachelors' degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline required, with qualifications in Sustainability or ESG desirable.
- 5 years' experience in a sales role within a services organization with a successful track record in sales, preferably selling solutions to the global marketplace.
- Understanding of ESG and Climate Risk within our target client universe and the different use cases that may apply.
- Ability to clearly articulate appropriate ESG solutions as part of navigating sales dialogue with clients.
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, meet short deadlines and adapt in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a regional and global team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills for ad hoc data analysis and client tailored presentations.
Moody's ESG Solutions ("MESG") - Sales
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.