Application Support Engineer
As part of our trading technology team, you will perform support, deployment and automation tasks related to the management of SIG’s trading systems deployed throughout the Asia Pacific region. This role is an integral part of our trading systems development team and works closely with both developers and traders.
The position offers the opportunity to be involved in scripting and automation tasks to improve the monitoring, management, and deployment of trading systems on both the Windows and Linux operating systems and gives you exposure to the state of the art trading applications.
Your daily tasks will include
- Becoming a subject matter expert in our in-house trading systems and procedures across OMS, market data and static/reference data
- Performing daily monitoring and market pre-open system checks utilizing automation where possible
- Assisting end-users (traders) with system trouble-shooting and training for new system functionality
- Providing a link between developers, traders, external parties (brokers/exchanges/vendors), and various in-house technology teams, ensuring smooth information flow relating to system issues/changes, market data and market connectivity
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation for new/existing systems and procedures
- Identifying opportunities for improving the system stability and reliability and the trading environment through improved use of technology
- Performing manual system pre-release testing, as well as developing automated system tests
To be successful in the role you’ll need
- Degree with a major in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial experience in the Financial Industry particularly trading, market making, market data, OMS, FIX protocol and other related systems
- An extensive understanding of financial markets, including instruments, and market data across equities and derivatives
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical staff across the organisation, as well as external brokers
- Ability to work under demanding deadlines with changing priorities in a trading room environment
- Knowledge and interest in financial markets, ideally with a focus on derivatives
What we're looking for
- A working knowledge of the OMS, FIX or trading systems
- Technical skills in both SQL and MongoDB
- Technical skills in scripting, Python, PowerShell, C# or other programming languages
- Deep knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with working with instrument static data and/or other Market Data systems & protocols
- A working knowledge of messaging systems, and experience debugging network protocols such as TCP, multicast and message queues
We’d love if you also have
- Prior experience supporting a trading environment and working with traders
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting technologies such as Kafka streaming and Gigaspace in-memory caches
What we offer
- Our technology department allows you to work with smart people who are genuinely interested in the work they do and always solving interesting problems. Our people are very open to new ideas and encouraged to think outside of the box
- We take ownership of the applications we develop, from start to finish. We work on several projects at a time, and stay involved in the entire life cycle of each one
- A casual dress code - shorts are the fashion in the summer!
- An on-site well-equipped gym
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast and lunch served daily
- Employee wellness programs and mental health support initiatives for all SIG employees and their families
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.