Analyst / Associate - Corporate Coverage
Serving 31 million customers in 66 countries, Societe Generale is one of Europe's largest financial services organisations. We employ 146,000 people in 67 countries worldwide. Based on a diversified universal banking model, Societe Generale combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Our objective: to be the leading relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, close to its clients and chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Opened in 1981, and located in Sydney, Societe Generale in Australia provides products and services in the areas of financial advisory and global markets. Societe Generale Securities Australia is a full participant of the ASX24 and its businesses range from futures clearing to prime broking and clearing to equity and derivatives sales. Subject to regulatory approval, Societe Generale will provide banking services in Australia from Q2 2019.
There are currently 45 members of staff in Sydney, representing 10 different nationalities, from different business lines and corporate functions. We are currently looking for a Relationship Analyst - Client Coverage - Corporates - Australia to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and get hands-on experience within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation. The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of transactions and will build close relationships with the teams onshore and within the organisation more broadly on a regional and global basis. Mission
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
The mission of Coverage Officers is to establish long-term relationships with a clientele of top economic and financial decision-makers (CEOs, CFOs, Group Treasurers, Treasury Managers, etc.) of our strategic and target clients by promoting and providing our services and expertise.
The candidate will support the Head of Corporate Coverage for Australia & New Zealand, based in Sydney, in implementing and deploying the coverage strategy. As such, the role will encompass all the tasks throughout the lifecycle of the deal flow, from the detailed and critical review of the business opportunities to the client engagement and marketing activities through to the transaction documentation and their successful and timely completion. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop close working relationships with internal stakeholders, including business lines such as Global Finance, Global Markets, Operations and Compliance teams. The candidate will also maintain high quality relationships with the relevant stakeholders at appropriate levels within the client portfolio. The client portfolio will evolve over time, dependent on business activity and opportunities. Some interstate travel may be required.
He/she will focus on:
Profile Qualifications,Experience & Knowledge Required:
- Client intelligence & coordination: use of market information and knowledge to identify and critically assess deal opportunities;
- Identification of synergies for internal cooperation and cross-selling;
- Marketing: creation and production of high-quality pitch books, planning and marketing events;
- Onboarding: assisting with the KYC ("Know Your Customer") process for existing and new clients;
- Assisting with deal flows: critical assessment of deals, structuring and pricing of credit proposals, proactive and timely compilation and completion of transaction documentation, development and review of checklists, assist with the submission and end-to-end coordination of approval process.
Behavioural Competency Required
- University degree in business, finance, accounting, economics
- 2+ years of experience in the finance industry
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Solid accounting, financial and credit analysis skills
- Working knowledge of financial products such as DCM, derivatives, corporate & structured finance, project finance, trade finance
- Preferably, some deal experience with Australian corporates
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to take initiative, proactive, enthusiastic
- Proven ability collaborating in a team environment, collective mindset
- Good understanding of risk with high level of integrity and ethical standards
- INTERNAL: Head of Corporate Coverage Australia & NZ, Product Lines, Credit & Risk, Legal, KYC, Compliance, Operations EXTERNAL: Corporate clients in Australia
- EXTERNAL: Corporate clients in Australia