Analyst, Real Estate Finance (Melbourne)
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
The Real Estate Finance team comprises of a dedicated team of real estate finance professionals that support the financial requirements of the bank's institutional and corporate real estate clients. The team is part of the Corporate Banking division and services a wide variety of real estate clients including AREITs, private developers, fund managers and family offices.
The role of Analyst based in our Melbourne office is to support to the client Directors. It is a front line role with a large amount of client contact, transaction execution and loan and portfolio management. Your main responsibilities will include
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need
- Supporting existing client Directors within the Real Estate Finance team on a daily basis to ensure they are able to spend a greater proportion of time with clients to deliver a quality service and income growth
- Attending client meetings as appropriate and contribute to the development of mutually beneficial relationships with clients
- Supporting the client Directors in relation to credit submissions, deal structuring, financial and project modelling with regards to new-to-bank and existing inbound and outbound real estate clients
- Maintain an effective control environment and ensure credit quality is never compromised and risks are clearly understood and mitigated where possible
- Ensure satisfactory reports relating to the business processes & controls are achieved with regard to risk reviews and external audit & regulators and real estate governance team reviews
- Involve yourself in the real estate industry and attend functions and industry presentations on a regular basis
- As the role will cover various clients in various locations it is expected that there will be some degree of domestic travel
- A tertiary qualification in a finance related discipline
- At least extensive experience in real estate finance in a combination of banking, IB, corporate finance, investment funds and/or advisory
- Prior experience in the real estate sector either as a real estate valuer, working within a real estate company or within another real estate finance team would be advantageous
- Understanding and experience in project/development finance
- Strong financial and project modelling skills
- Strong PowerPoint and general Microsoft Office skills
- An understanding of real estate markets and valuation methodology
- Extensive experience with finance documentation and negotiation
- In-depth analytical skills with a strong commercial orientation and focus on credit quality
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently and autonomously
- A demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external parties
- Excellent communication skills, high levels of motivation, commitment and a desire to succeed.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.