Analyst, Investment Banking Division
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division (IBD) builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world to support them with traditional and innovative solutions to meet their strategic and financial needs. These solutions include, but are not limited to, advisory services, public and private capital market transactions or merger and acquisitions.
Within our Investment Banking Division (IBD), we are currently seeking an analytical and motivated Analyst to join our high-performing team based in Sydney.
You will typically work on a variety of transactions and take on significant responsibility for delivering specific elements. Analysts will have the opportunity to become involved with a wide range of organisations and will play an important role on teams that include senior professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively.
• Creating and analysing financial models with a high degree of granularity
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and transactions
• Creating, drafting and taking ownership of presentations and memoranda for a wider audience, both internally within the firm as well as externally
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings
• Helping to manage and assist in the execution of corporate finance transactions
• Corporate Finance experience required
• A degree from a leading university with excellent academic results
• Strong analytical and modelling skills that put you at ease with financial data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Proactive and positive, self motivated and goal oriented
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.