Analyst/ Associate - Leveraged Acquisition Finance
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. About The Division
Global Capital Markets (GCM) serves as the nexus between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. GCM comprises traditional market coverage and underwriting groups, as well as a number of product groups focused on providing customized capital structure solutions for our clients. You work with clients on complex, innovative financing and risk management solutions in a fast-paced environment. About The Team
Sitting within GCM, the Leveraged & Acquisition Finance team is in charge of originating, structuring, underwriting, distributing and executing leveraged loans (TLB, unitranche, senior bank debt) and high yield bond transactions on behalf of financial sponsors and corporates across all geographies and industry groups.
Our Leveraged & Acquisition Finance team is seeking a highly motivated and driven Analyst or Associate to join us in Australia to help deliver Morgan Stanley's market-leading capital solutions and advisory services to our clients. Opportunity
Playing a key role within the Australian Leveraged & Acquisition Finance team which is key growth area for the firm within the APAC region. The successful candidate will work on various situations involving leveraged buyouts, corporate acquisition financings and refinancings for sponsor-backed companies across different sectors.
This is a diverse and solutions-orientated role with exposure and ongoing interaction with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders, including global and local financial sponsors, publicly-listed and private companies, internal credit trading desk, offshore capital markets teams, as well as commercial banks and institutional investors. Key responsibilities will include working with internal and external stakeholders on the following:
• Assisting senior team members in identifying new value-add financing opportunities for our clients
• Credit analysis on live transactions which includes the preparation of internal credit submissions
• Financial modelling and performing sensitivity analysis
• Reviewing deal materials, company information and due diligence reports
• Preparation of marketing materials (Information Memorandum, Lender Presentations and Rating Agency Presentations) for event-driven loans or HY bond transactions
• Assisting senior team members and internal legal with the review of finance documentation
• Engagement with commercial banks and institutional investors during live syndication processes
• Managing internal workstreams on during deals from origination through to funding
• Preparation of pitch materials and market updates