Analyst – Structured Finance Group
Job Description Role
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading credit rating agencies.
We seek an energetic and team-oriented structured finance analyst, located in Moody's Sydney office. The successful candidate will be responsible for credit analysis of Australian and New Zealand securitisation transactions (primarily, residential mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities and covered bonds). The candidate will also be expected to work on wide-ranging research projects and pursue thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and external impact. We encourage applications from individuals with relevant experience, who will enjoy working in a dynamic, diverse and global environment.
Moody's is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer; we value and promote diversity in our workplace. We provide a great benefits package, a flexible work environment and actively promote a Culture of Excellence within our organisation. Team
The position forms part of Moody's Structured Finance Group in Sydney, and also works closely with colleagues located in other Asia-Pacific and international offices. The new ratings is responsible for assigning initial ratings to securities backed by pools of residential mortgage loans, auto loans and other credit types of collateral in Australia and New Zealand. Key Responsibilities
Benefits of working for Moody's
- Credit analysis of a variety of residential mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities (RMBS/ABS);
- Credit risk modeling, including cash flow and simulation models;
- Legal document review;
- Monitoring of macro-economic and industry conditions and trends;
- Writing accurate, insightful and relevant credit research;
- Representing Moody's at external outreach events, such as seminars, conferences and one-on-one meetings.
- Active contribution to fostering a culture of excellence at Moody's.
- One of the world's most highly respected financial services organisations, Moody's provides a global working environment and unique exposure to the international debt capital markets and its players.
- Inclusive, high performance culture with a focus on work life balance.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent family health insurance benefits and extra superannuation contributions.
- Flexible working conditions; generous leave entitlements; education assistance and other benefits may also be available.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the financial services industry. Knowledge of securitisation is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of capital markets including asset-backed, residential- and commercial mortgage- backed securities.
- Strong financial analysis, cash flow and modeling skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively are essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.