Ab Initio Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will manage and maintain interfaces built with Ab Initio software between operational & external environments to the business intelligence environment. Skills include designing and developing extract, transform and load (ETL) processes. Experience includes application support of a business intelligence solution. Other responsibilities may include:
- You will design end to end Business Intelligence Solutions across multiple platforms with your extensive experience on very large data repositories (terabyte scale or larger).
- Provide understanding of data lake approaches, and industry practices.
- Understanding of HADOOP Framework, Ecosystem and MapReduce.
- Experience with one or more of these skills: HDFS, HBase, HIVE, PIG, SQL
- Work with ETL infrastructures from variety of data sources
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience in Ab Initio (Good to have Continuous Flow skill)
- Good Knowledge/experience of Ab Initio Queues, Message Queues and Ab Initio Web Services Components
- Good Knowledge/experience of Ab Initio Meta Programming Concepts
- Sound knowledge/experience of Ab Initio Multi File system
- Experience in Designing and Building Project Architecture. Experience in Building Realtime applications
- Sound knowledge of Unix commands and building shell scripts
- Ab Initio Admin knowledge/experience is plus
- MQ, Kafka, RESTful Services
- UNIX (Commands and Shell Scripting) and Resource management of processes.
- RDBMS Oracle/ Db2
- Connectivity protocols Knowledge of NDM, MQ, JMS,SFTP
- Well versed with automated testing for Ab Initio
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience leading a team is highly desirable
- Experience in the banking or insurance sector will be highly regarded