AVP to Director- Global Markets IB Product Controllers- Australia
- $130k - $270k AUD per Annum
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- T+O+M , EA Licence No: R1105397
- 19 Jan 19
Our clients are top tier Investment banks who are seeking to recruit returning and experienced Product Controllers in Australia. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and work closely with valuations / risk team. The candidate would have strong analytical skills and attention to detail. At the VP/ Director level, past experience as an EMEA or APAC Controller is required. Candidates must hold a Valid work permit for Australia
- Product controllers are responsible for the accuracy and integrity of Line of Business books and records. This responsibility encompasses:
- Trader Profit &Loss/Risk reporting and control
- Daily revenue reporting of estimate and actual P&L
- Month-end close process, working in partnership with Financial Control, Valuation Control and Legal Entity Controllers
- Ensuring correct risk sensitivity is sent to Value at Risk (VaR) and providing commentary on ensuing back testing results
- Preparation of commentary for trading results, linking trading revenues to desk strategies and changes in market conditions.
- Ascertain a thorough understanding of the end-to-end technology platform and associated feeds/downstream systems.
- Ensuring adherence to internal and external regulation including Antitrust compliance.
- Responsible for daily production of risk and P&L sign off stats.
- Responsible for summary of P&L explain MIS to management.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Relevant BSc degree with a proven strong academic background required
- CA or CPA Accounting qualified
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, IAS)
- Strong internal control and processes with proven experience in process improvement
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Professional attitude, team player with an approachable manner
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Ability to influence people and build strong working relationships across various business units
- Excellent Excel knowledge.
Please send your CV to Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org