ANZ Resource Manager
DESCRIPTION Amazon is continuously striving to be the Earth's most customer-centric company. AWS has the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, with the deepest and broadest portfolio of cloud services available. AWS Professional Services (ProServe) is a global team of consultants that helps enterprise customers achieve their business outcomes on AWS Cloud. ProServe consultants work with hundreds of the world's largest enterprises to help them deliver their cloud initiatives.
To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Resource Manager, with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the professional services business. Helping ensure that the business is operationally sound and can optimize its impact on behalf of customers.
About this role:
The Resource Manager works with Practice Managers and Business Operations to execute the resource management mechanism. The individual will manage daily responsibilities and projects independently and influence multiple stakeholders. They will use their in-depth experience to support the Professional Services Sales and Delivery Practice teams. The Manager will continuously improve resource management processes and functions, and ensure that effective management of company and external resources is operationally effective and allows the company to be more competitive.
Resource Managers manage multiple assignments and processes concurrently, prioritizing accordingly - within and outside of their team, including actively participating in relevant work streams. They escalate matters that may have increased business risks at the right time and influence others through their professional experience.
The ideal candidate will possess a mix of Consulting, Strategic Planning, Analytics, and Operations background. They will have demonstrated experience providing strong business analytics, and delivering on projects of all sizes. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are able to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. In this role you will anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Principle Responsibilities & Duties:
• Drive system and process improvement initiatives;
• Lead regular reviews with Customer Segment teams (project managers, team leads, and regional heads of services) to plan consultant assignments, review bookings, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for consultants
• Proactively spot forecasted bench time for consultants and work with regional and sales teams to identify new opportunities
• Prepare regular Supply/Demand analysis for Practice PMs
• Advertise open project assignments, and promote the availability of consultants globally to encourage sharing of resources across regions to increase utilisation
• Build and analyse resource management reports and present these to the leadership team
• Work with engagement and practice managers to review and design resourcing plans to deliver against project deliverables
• Define and coordinate the introduction and implementation of new Operations/Resource Management tools, infrastructure and processes
• Conduct research to identify alternate staffing solutions and processes for improvement
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS •
• Experience in Professional Services Operations or Sales Operations in APAC
• Organized, detailed oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills
• Able to manage, educate, develop, and consult with internal stakeholders and leaders
• Highly skilled in use of spreadsheet tools e.g. Excel
• Excellent problem solving, negotiation, and conflict management skills
• Experience in continuous business process improvement (Kaizen)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional influencing and analytical skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • University graduate degree in Business, Computer Science or other relevant field;
• 4+ years' experience managing resource utilization and pipelines
• Experience with SalesForce or other enterprise CRM application;
• Familiarity with resource automation systems and software
• Familiarity with forecasting processes and tools
• Tableau and/or Excel financial modeling skills and ability to create insightful analysis