AML Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert / Analyst
Role: AML Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert / Analyst Business Unit: AML Monitoring and Investigations / Quality Assurance
The Quality Assurance team acts as a trusted body with a commitment to quality and process improvements, having an ultimate objective to identify areas of improvement and opportunities in the method in which the investigative analysts review and assess anomalous behaviors. The team's responsibilities include identifying and reporting potential issues, submitting recommendations on a variety of developmental opportunities and/or best practices and serving as mentors to the investigative analysts. Purpose of Role:
Responsible for reviewing anomalous activity alerts/cases that are closed by AML Monitoring and Investigations Unit Investigation Analysts, Junior Analysts, and Senior Analysts as a control to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulatory, internal/external audit requirements and policy/procedural requirements. Responsible to ensure individual adherence to defined quality standards/core competencies. Key responsibilities
Requirements Skills and competencies:
- Acts as an SME on the day to day process for conducting quality review of the Transaction Monitoring analysts' work. Objectively assesses the quality of the investigative analysts' work for what is going well and what needs to improve and supports coaching efforts.
- Prepares QA reviewer reports with observations summary.
- Ambassador of best practices and facilitator of knowledge of money laundering processes.
- Escalation point for review of complex cases to validate that transaction monitoring alerts were processed in line with quality standards.
- Compiles the outcome of reviews and provides feedback on the standardization of alert monitoring processes across the hub.
- Ensures that the Quality Assurance process is executed in adherence with global standard policies and procedures, using global standard tools.
- Keeps regular interactions with global QA Team in order to exchange the standards on QA Program and keep consistency in QA execution.
- Adheres to global standard policies and procedures.
- Operates within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards
A person in this role has a passion for uncovering the truth and exposing potential criminal activities. He/she has a genuine interest in the news and current affairs with the ability of cross referencing them during investigations. He/she is methodical, analytical, open minded and have the desire to thoroughly and accurately research, extract, compile and connect information from various sources. Additional requirements:
- Good knowledge of English and high standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Organized, disciplined and highly responsible
- Presentation skills and ability to build strong arguments to justify his/her decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, interact effectively, with different levels of management and to operate with excellent corporate work ethics (timely, honest, respectful and considerate to co-workers)
- Good understanding of Windows applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and Internet & commercial database searches
- Required: Minimum 2 years' experience in AML or compliance or quality control or audit or fraud and economic crime units within financial institution
- Subject Matter Expert for multiple products in the analysis of alerts and investigation of transactional activities to detect any suspicions of money laundering or terrorist financing activity.
Education level: Bachelor degree
Preferred: AML certification will be advantage Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control Job Family:
AML Execution Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting