ABAP Technical Consultant
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities ABAP Technical Consultant
As an experienced SAP ABAP Technical consultant at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will leverage your subject matter expertise and your experience to ensure successful project delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented SAP professionals.
As a lead member of our SAP Technical team, you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools. At IBM you will find your role has a unique look, combining both strong technical and business skills. This role will require far more than just technical experience with the SAP Technology Stack; candidates will also need to demonstrate deep consulting skills backed up by practical experience, preferably in a professional consulting organisation.
The successful candidate will have a solid background delivering developments in SAP ABAP with extensive experience across at least 2 full implementations. The candidate will demonstrate end-to-end project experience that encompasses process design, planning, and management; execution of the build through to go-live is a must. Experience implementing systems based on a templated solution will be highly valued. In addition, experience to SAP Odata, Fiori, Cloud platform would be preferred. Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
Desired Attributes and Skills:
- Extensive demonstrable SAP implementation experience, including at least 2 full end-to end project lifecycles, including instances where the candidate has led the SAP Technical stream for the project.
- Strong knowledge in the SAP Technical Skills such as ABAP development, Strong object orientation development experience, Odata, Fiori, SAP Cloud platform.
- Experience in ABAP code pushdown and Data modelling to SQL for S/4 Suite on HANA, CDS views and AMDP.
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Strong problem-solving skills to drive resolution of defects and issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- Ensure integration system activities including monitoring the technical architecture (particularly scalability, availability and archiving) meet all SLA's.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be able to be able to plan and manage own workload (self-directing) with minimal. oversight, escalating where necessary to address potential risks or resolve issues.
- Previous experience delivering SAP solutions while working for a professional services consulting organisation will be highly valued.
- Has implemented globally designed template solutions into a regional (subsidiary) market.
- Ambition, excellent leadership skills and a talent for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise