2021 GTS Systems Services Graduate - Sydney
System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty important? Absolutely! You will advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may drastically impact product performance or impair the client's IT operation.
Your Role and Responsibilities 2021 GTS Systems Services Graduate - Sydney
- July 2021 Start Date
- Collaborate with stakeholders of all levels
- Permanent position, based in Sydney
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand's businesses and governments as they reinvent using cloud, AI and blockchain within a secure environment. Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers and designers and our deep industry expertise. We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM. We are #anewIBM
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
What will I be doing?
- Research internal resources and knowledge bases to find resolution.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve satisfactory resolution of customer issues.
- Escalate to other support groups when necessary and follow up with them to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensure regular updates to customer by call back and follow up e-mails.
- Communicate resolution to the customer and reach an agreement of case closure.
- Help maintain internal resources and knowledge bases by documenting findings and suggesting improvements.
- Participate in internal projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents.
- On call, shift, stand by duties.
- What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- For our business roles we will consider all degrees including Engineering, IT or similar technical fields
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required.
- A growth mindset, and commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based environment.
- Experience in technical customer support role will be considered as advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good computer skills, including MS Office and web navigation
- Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to research available resources and work instructions to find resolution
- Ability to work and follow up with multiple support groups within the organization to resolve customer issues.
- We encourage you to apply if you:
- Graduated from an Australian University no earlier than 2020,
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are an Australian Citizen
- Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise