31st January, 2024 Where are we?
We are based in the beautiful city of Tairāwhiti with its sunny climate, the beach, and amenities a stone's throw away with a relaxed and laid back lifestyle. You will be based in our centrally located offices overlooking the Taruheru and Waimata Rivers.
What more could you want? A great job and a supportive team? You'd better read on... BDO Gisborne - Ko wai matou?
As a locally owned business, we are active in our community, celebrate performance and believe in development of our people. Our employee's happiness is important - so we're investing in it, with wellness programmes, training, social club events, and a day off on your birthday among our list of employee benefits.
As a member of an international network, we're innovative in our attitude and culture. It's easy to see why our business is rapidly growing and is the leading accounting services firm in Gisborne. It's an exciting time to be joining our team! The Role - Te tūranga
When visitors, staff and clients come to the office, you will be the first face they see. You will need to greet everyone personally and direct them to the correct point of contact in the office or escort them to a meeting room or simply help them with an enquiry. As this role will deal with a variety of information across the business, confidentiality is essential. As the receptionist, you will be required to perform front desk duties including handling and re-directing mail, using Microsoft Office, copying, general office operational duties and any other tasks as needed. This is a 30 hour per week role with working hours from 8:30am-3pm Monday through Friday. The Tasks
Skills and Experience
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of call, and forward calls to appropriate person.
- Greet visitors/clients/employees professionally, determining the nature and purpose of visit.
- Collect, sort, distribute, and prepare correspondence, mail, messages, and courier deliveries.
- Schedule appointments, maintain room bookings, and update calendars.
- May be required to perform other administration duties and tasks as needed.
Tūhono mai - Tell us about yourself...
- Communicate and interact politely and take accurate messages when necessary.
- Ability to prioritise tasks on a daily basis.
- Able to Multi-task.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, specifically MS Word and Outlook
Submit a covering letter and CV as soon as possible. A position description is available upon request. If you are seeking a change in environment, then this could be just the role for you.