See job description for details
Provide key support to the valued members of an organisation acting in the long-term best interests of Perth Your new company
Established for over 15 years, our client the Committee for Perth is a Perth based for purpose organisation, focused on creating a thriving environment for businesses and communities across WA. With a member base that includes both Corporate and Public Sector organisations, such as ANZ, BHP, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Ernst & Young, FMG, Herbert Smith Freehills, Murdoch University, Shell, Synergy, The University of Western Australia, Wesfarmers, Westpac and Woodside, and many more significant contributors to the WA economy, they have a track record of making a positive impact to the region's future. Their value is measured through their work to improve the cultural diversity, economic prosperity, sustainability and world class amenity of Greater Perth. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Membership Coordinator to provide key support to this organisation's clients. Your new role
As Membership Coordinator, you will report to the Manager, Member Services & Operations and have responsibility over the support of the organisations valued members, as well as all pre-event, on-site and post event coordination. Key responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Supporting the Manager, Member Services & Operations with membership growth activities including drafting letters and emails.
- Coordinating a program of activities to engage with and inform prospective members.
- Coordinating the yearly member meetings and yearly event calendar
- Drafting individual event checklists and seeking approval from the General Manager.
- Coordinating activities in line with the agreed event checklist including liaising with suppliers.
- Registrations for both online and face-to-face events.
- Being the front face at events at registration desk.
- Create and maintain new membership or resigning member's checklists and associated duties.
In addition to being passionate about working for an organisation that is thinking and acting in the long-term best interests of Perth, the following essential skills are required;
What you'll get in return
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline with a proven track record in supporting business development and event management.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to understand and write concisely.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Committee's core objective of making Perth a better place to live, work, study, invest and visit.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain high-quality and productive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent project coordination and organisational skills with the ability to set work-plans to achieve outcomes.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of packages, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Adobe programs.
This is your opportunity to join an organisation that is having a real and lasting impact. You will have the chance to work with a team and clients who value WA. This is a full time, permanent opportunity. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on (08) 9322 5383 and ask to speak with Matthew Newman.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508