See job description for details
An exciting Financial Controller opportunity with a highly regarded organisation Your new company
This highly regarded organisation is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for an initial 2 year fixed term contract. There is possibility of extension Your new role
In this role as the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
What you'll need to succeed
- Supervising the Financial Accounting team covering areas including financial accounting, taxation, reporting and invoicing.
- Ensuring all accounting activities are performed accurately and adhere with legislative requirements.
- Reviewing allocated end of month and quarterly financial management reporting.
- Cash and treasury management.
- Supervise and ensure correct taxation reported (mainly income tax, FBT and GST).
- Ensure all statutory returns are prepared, reviewed and submitted.
- Authorise GL journal.
- Attend to internal and external audit reports and queries.
- Lead and develop a productive team.
- Ad hoc duties as per request.
What you'll get in return
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent.
- Eligible for membership of CPA/CA.
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller leading a sizeable team.
- Strong background in financial accounting and reporting.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and legislation
- Highly systems literate.
What you need to do now
- Competitive pay + super
- A professional and supportive team environment.
- The ability to develop and lead a sizable financial accounting team.
- Work for a well respected organisation.
If you're passionate about this role, click 'apply now' or for more information and a confidential discussion or to find out about other opportunities in Accounting and Finance contact Ed Inglis at Hays on 08 9322 5198.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. LHS 297508