Do work that matters:
Bankwest has a rich heritage. We're proud to be part of the fabric of Western Australia with a strong culture built on local support. As the Risk Fundamental Chapter Lead, you are integral as a trusted advisor for Bankwest to effectively manage and optimise its risk and control environment with the assistance of the Chapter's members. You achieve this through partnering with your fellow Chapter Leads, the business, risk, and compliance experts to deliver foundational risk services including risk profiling, control advice, issues and incident management, and risk governance. On any given day you will lead and execute the following:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Provide risk and controls advice to strengthen Bankwest's operating environment, deliver great outcomes for our customers and progress towards simplification and automation.
- Manage and advise on issues and incidents, including root cause and action identification, regulatory breach reporting and governance.
- Perform profile or risk trigger event reviews to identify if there are changes to the inherent or residual risk environment.
- Perform risk monitoring and governance to ensure the integrity of our risk data and to meet framework requirements.
- Co-ordinate or execute in-depth reviews across Bankwest's processes and controls and recommend improvements.
- Facilitate audits and other external assurance activities with the business.
- Support policy or regulatory changes to the risk profile.
- Participate in thought leadership forums and enhance our risk practices.
- Drive strong risk awareness and culture within Bankwest.
- Execute the preparation of non-financial risk sub-committee reporting and facilitate as a committee secretariat.
- Have proven people leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop high performing teams, set expectations, and performance management.
- In-depth knowledge of the Operational Risk Management Frameworks (ORMF), risk policies and framework execution.
- Experience in risk governance and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks and experience with issues and incidents, risk profiles and controls.
- Influencing skills to engage effectively with senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to build rapport at all levels.
- Ability to think critically and analytically and use data insights to solve problems.
We support our people with the flexibility to balance where work is done with at least half their time each month connecting in office. We also have many other flexible working options available including changing start and finish times, part-time arrangements and job share to name a few. Talk to us about how these arrangements might work in the role you're interested in.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/02/2024