Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Total Loss, Fire and Theft Motor Claims Officer Location: Parramatta, NSW Type: Permanent, full-time hours The opportunity
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Motor Claims Officer to join our friendly and knowledgeable team based at our Parramatta office looking after Total Loss, Fire & Theft claims. With a focus on team collaboration and our #QBEDNA this role is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career with full training provided. Your new role
In this position, you will:
- Provide an exceptional operational and customer service experience for diverse internal and external stakeholders with our customers, brokers and partnerships.
- Assist in the growth and retention of business by providing timely and effective solutions that adhere to QBE guidelines.
- Process total loss and complex claims in line with set procedures and policies, ensuring that claims are documented correctly, and resolved with a prompt and effective outcome.
- Manage claims using the appropriate external and internal Recover and Salvage specialists to achieve the settlement outcome efficiently and effectively.
- Happy to talk flexible working
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An engaging phone manner with the ability to build lasting relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Strong computer literacy with a desire to work in Total Loss, Fire & Theft Claims
- Outstanding communication skills with a customer centric mindset
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative and supportive team
- Resilience with the ability to maintain a calm demeanour in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- An understanding of general insurance and relevant industry legislation
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage."
We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 13,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let's make it happen! Benefits
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As a QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
Rewards & Recognition
- 'Hybrid Working' - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our 'Thriving at our Best' wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- 18 weeks' gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Additional leave and support through QBE's Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
We value our employee's experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
Apply now! APPLY NOW and let's make it happen!"
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer & HRD Employer of Choice
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Gold Employer status for 4 years in a row 2019 - 2022 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) - the definitive national benchmark on LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Family First accredited employer since 2021
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with accessibility requirements and adjustments, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our employee networks at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.