Chubb celebrates diversity by fostering an inclusive, flexible and equitable workplace. We support applications from all members of our community and equitable access to our employment opportunities. We are open to discussing workplace flexibility in all our vacancies, to ensure we can attract the best candidates and accommodate individual needs, differences, disabilities and working arrangements. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to the recruitment process so we can support you to present your best self.
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company, with operations in 54 countries and territories and over 30,000 employees globally. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. Your Role
This role is designed to be an "on the road" presence to represent the Chubb Claims experience for customers and to promote Chubb's brand. The services of an adjuster will also be leveraged as a Chubb value proposition and will distinguish us from our competitors by adding value to our claims service. Your Responsibilities:
Qualifications Your Skills & Experience
- Act as Chubb Representative whilst visiting customers to gather information necessary as part of the claim process
- Ability to be mobile and travel interstate for short periods of time as the need arises and in times of Catastrophe
- Ability to assist with general claims handling as the need arises
- All claims to be handled from cradle to grave unless requested otherwise by the Team Leads or the property Claims Manager
- Adhere to the General Insurance Code of Practice and Chubb's obligations under its AFSL, as it applies to Claims Handling as a Financial Service
- Make informed evaluations of damage and quantum and make every effort to settle claims on site
- Following Chubb's Best Practice Guidelines and Claim Handling Instructions
- Build strong relationships with Brokers to promote confidence and trust in Chubb's claims service
- Liaise & build strong relationships with service providers i.e. builders and restoration companies
- Clearly identify potential fraud and subrogation issues
- Engage with strategic stakeholders to ensure a smooth claim process
- Effectively manage and control volume of work & diary
- Identify and report internally on claims that are of significance to the business, including large loss reporting requirements
- All claims to be handled from cradle to grave
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims including potential fraud. Secure and/or file all supporting documentation and verify same for accuracy, relationship, and completeness.
- Establish accurate and timely reserves
- Seek technical assistance in handling claims exceeding delegated authority.
- Maintain an active diary. Monitor same to achieve timely development of the file and timely disposition of the claim.
- Promptly and properly document all developments in the claims documentation system
- Exercise good judgement in reaching final disposition of claim by evaluating nature of loss, damage, coverage provided and applicable limits.
- Effectively negotiate compromise settlements where appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with the following: Claim Department, Customer Services, Risk Control, Underwriting Departments, brokers, insureds, counsel, third parties and/or their legal representatives.
- Recognise subrogation where applicable & forward the claim to the subrogation team.
- Adhere to Insurance Contracts Act and all other relevant statutory rules and regulations.
- Effectively control the use, work product and expense of outside vendors.
- Any other duties as required by the Claims Manager
- Accountable for taking all practical measures to insure that the workplace is safe and without risk to health.
- Tertiary qualification (Degree preferred).
- Relevant Industry Qualifications (ANZIIF) or studying towards.
- 3+ years experience in Loss Adjusting Property Claims either Commercial or Domestic.
- Written and verbal communication related to claims handling.Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent Customer Service Ethic.
- Ability to influence & negotiate.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word/ Excel and ability to construct claim reports as required.
- Ability to manage self & time effectively.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Look for every opportunity to demonstrate Chubb's value proposition in relation to Claims
Chubb is committed to equal employment and celebrates individual differences by creating a workplace environment in which everyone feels welcomed, respected and valued. We offer you the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and agile environment where continuous development is encouraged throughout your career, both locally and globally. Some additional benefits offered include a flexible working approach via our "My One Thing" initiative, education assistance, dress for your day every Friday, promotion of health and wellbeing (including discounted health insurance, daily breakfast and fresh fruit), and the option to enrol into the Chubb Limited discounted stock purchasing scheme.