Technical Lead Architect
As an Technical Lead/ Architect, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Join a global company and make real impact
- Thrive in an agile environment
- Permanent opportunity based out of Melbourne office
At IBM, Technical Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impact. You'll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement gathering through implementation. You'll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes. Your Role and Responsibilities :
We are currently recruiting a Technical Lead Architect for a full time role, based in Melbourne.
As a Technical Lead Architect you will be the technical leader and subject matter expert engaged in the solutioning and delivery of systems integration and cloud-related projects. Working in partnership with the wider project team, you will be responsible for the solution architecture/design for systems integration and cloud-related solutions for your clients. You will also be responsible for the direction of technical resources on the project to implement solutions.
You will analyse IT requirements for customer's projects and design appropriate architecture so that the solutions are implemented in accordance with the client's requirements and IBM or client standards. You will optimise solutions to meet project constraints taking into account client budget, skills availability, and complexity of the project/solution. You will build trusted relationships with key client stakeholders. Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience with systems integration, application development and/or cloud-related solutions.
- Experience with J2EE enterprise architecture and design principles
- Experience with Microservices based architectures, patterns and best practices
- Experience with contemporary engagement methods, including Proof of Concepts, Agile and DevOps
- Experience as solution architect on at least 2 systems integration projects that include integration, security and information architecture
- Experience in guiding project technical resources to design and implement systems integration and cloud-related solutions/migrations.
- Ability to position cloud technology against solution requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with globally dispersed teams.
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure.
- Estimating from requirements and/or solution architectures
- Batchelor Degree or equivalent in computing or related field
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Banking Industry Experience
- TOGAF or equivalent architecture certification.
- Cloud certification.
- Proficiency in the following programming languages, frameworks and tools: Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven, Gradle.
- Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards.