Tax & Financial Reporting Analyst
Your role as a Tax & Financial Reporting Analyst will be to lead a small team responsible for the successful delivery of tax, financial statements and other regulatory reporting to our superannuation fund and managed investment trust clients.
Core to this role is ensuring high quality, accurate and timely reporting with an exceptional level of attention to detail. This will involve an ability to analyse and resolve complex technical and operational issues.
You will be responsible for liaising with clients and their service providers and be competent to discuss technical tax and accounting topics and industry trends. You will also be responsible for identifying, analysing, monitoring and communicating risks and controls within the team.
Your challenge will be to drive continuous process improvement and collaborate with internal stakeholders on technology developments to meet business and client expectations. Responsibilities:
- Delivery of business activity statements, distribution calculations and tax returns
- Delivery of financial statements, APRA and ABS regulatory reporting
- Reconciliation of accounting to taxable income
- Review procedures and controls
- Drive process improvement
- Provide support for all necessary governance reporting
- Provide oversight and support to our off shore centres
- Provide effective and pro-active communication to all our off shore centres, other stakeholders and clients
- Provide creative solutions to reduce errors and to ensure adherence to audit and control policies
- Provide back-up coverage for team members and assist team members during high volume periods
- Respond to queries raised by internal stakeholders as well as clients
- Meet reporting deadlines in accordance with the client's requirements
- Participate in quarterly MCA reviews
- CA/CPA or other relevant qualification
- Minimum 5 years of tax and regulatory reporting experience for superannuation funds or managed investment trusts
- Strong accounting and tax knowledge including the ability to respond to clients and their external auditor/advisor queries
- Strong leadership/management skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- High level of continuous process improvement and system development capability
- Ability to work under pressure to meet varying deadlines and work volumes
- Exceptional analytical skills to review and challenge results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Fund Accounting Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting