See job description for details
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need talented Support Engineers who can perform Incident Response in a diverse environment.
As a Support Engineer within the Digital Customer Experience technology area, you will be responsible for operational support, maintenance and optimisation of the ANZ App, our mobile banking service. This will involve analytical thinking to overcome complex problems, creating automation/monitoring use cases to reduce toil, maximise service availability and engaging with business and technical stakeholders to arrive at optimal solutions. Key priorities include:
What will be in your toolkit:
- Actively engaging within our backend and delivery squads during the development process
- Monitoring, measuring and maintaining the availability and health of our infrastructure and platform
- Managing incidents/problems, applying fixes and resolving systematic issues; triaging issues with stakeholders and identifying and implementing solutions to restore our services
- Advocating for changes that improve the overall platform health and performance
- Always looking for opportunities to eliminate repetitive tasks through automation
- Maintaining and managing operational process in production
- Good exposure on ITIL service management processes
- Experience with Windows Server, UNIX & Linux OS
- Experience with IIS, WebSphere, Tomcat/Spring boot services
- Good exposure with containerised services including Openshift, Google Cloud (GKE)
- Experience working with observability tools including New Relic, Splunk
- Experience with SQL databases
- Understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting connectivity
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory services
- Good exposure with PowerShell, Python and shell scripting
- Understanding of modern architecture, including cloud service, containerised systems (Docker), and CI / CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CloudFormation or Terraform).
- Good exposure to Devops concepts and tools like Artifactory, Git, Jenkins, Codefresh and Bamboo
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.