Strategic Paraplanner, Wealth Management
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) works with individuals and families to deliver services and solutions that help build, preserve and manage wealth. MSWM provides comprehensive wealth management services including strategic financial planning and customised investment advice in regard to domestic and international sectors.
Within the Wealth Management division, we are currently seeking a Strategic Paraplanner based in Melbourne.
You will be a self –motivated individual who enjoys supporting Financial Planners in the formulation of tailored strategies for high net worth clients. This is a dynamic environment that inspires collaboration where you will be afforded the opportunity to learn and develop your career in a supportive environment.
• Construct complex Statements of Advice for both new and existing clients
• Research and strategic work regarding a variety of products and client scenarios
• Identify and document a range of strategies in a compliant, personalised and tailored format
• Preparation of comprehensive financial projections utilising Xplan, calculations and research
• Provide ongoing technical support to financial planners and peers.
• RG146 Qualified (preferred)
• A university degree qualified in a related field (eg. commerce, economics, accounting)
• At least 2 years paraplanning experience (in a similar role) with a particular focus on strategy development
• Completed or working towards completion of the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning and preferred CFP® accreditation
• Strong technical knowledge across a broad range of financial planning strategies including the advice areas of SMSF’s, superannuation and retirement planning, personal insurance, investment structures and estate planning
• Excellent attention to detail
• An ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong analytical and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.