Sr. Partner Solutions Architect, Red Hat
DESCRIPTION Red Hat and AWS have long-standing relationships supporting customers running Red Hat mission critical applications on AWS.
AWS is looking for a Sr. Partner Solutions Architect who will work closely with Red Hat Solutions Architects, sales, and senior executives of SI Partners in the AWS ecosystem to help our customers with Red Hat container and application workloads such as OpenShift, RHEL, JBoss etc.
As a Sr. Partner Solutions Architect you will be primarily responsible for architecting technical solutions with the Red Hat field teams and enabling the AWS SI ecosystem to do the same at scale. Candidate will have existing experience with Red Hat software including RHEL, JBoss, and OpenShift, on public clouds. You will lead in developing and executing annual strategic plans, building executive relationships, running monthly and quarterly pipeline reviews with Red Hat fields and key SI Partners and ensure that the IBM AWS partnership is proceeding to its respective goals in an effective timely fashion.
You will also have the opportunity to write blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures, deliver webinars, and speak at events to demonstrate technical thought leadership and accelerate joint sales. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers with customers, partners, and AWS service teams.
Experience working directly with customers and account teams is required. Up to 30% domestic travel is required.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 5+ years customer-facing experience interfacing with senior technical roles at large companies managing workloads on Red Hat based systems and middleware in a distributed environment
• Hands-on experience administering and using Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat CoreOS
• Deep understanding of Kubernetes and familiarity with container orchestration ecosystem
• Experience architecting 12 factor apps and modern micro-service based applications running on public and hybrid cloud
• Red Hat packaging and container build experience
• Public facing examples of technical writing
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 7+ years of sales experience at a global technology company and experience working with large SIs and Red hat SI ecosystem
• Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross- functional teams including direct and channel marketing, business development teams, product management and account management teams.
• Experience with AWS cloud architecture and AWS Certified Solution Architect
• Knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, CloudFormation, or Terraform for configuration management
• Strong practical Linux, storage, middle-ware, and container systems administration skills in the cloud
• Knowledge of IP networking at scale, firewall and VPN architectures, DNS, and service delivery through load balancing techniques
• Troubleshooting skills in multiple popular languages, e.g. Python, Bash, Golang, C, and Java