Sr Mgr, ISV Solution Architect
DESCRIPTION Want to work and belong within a company whose mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company? This Software Solutions Architect Manager role sits within the Independent Software Vendor group (ISV) who work with some of Australia's most innovative and fast moving B2B product companies. We work with these businesses helping them scale-up, scale-out and grow globally.
Are you; Passionate about helping others? Love experimentation? A deep technical thinker? A builder of trusting relationships? An Innovator, A simplifier of problems? If you are, then this role is for you. As a SA Manager you'll lead a team of Solutions Architects who collaboratively work with our customers. As part of the broader ISV leadership team you will be encouraged and supported to be who you want to be and work somewhere where you truly belong.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect Manager, based in either Melbourne or Sydney. You will join the ISV team who focus on driving adoption of Amazon Web Services, in the pursuit of helping those businesses meet their goals on behalf of their customers. Our managers are experienced leaders of technologists, with technical breadth and depth, they are collaborators and have strong interpersonal skills. Within the ISV business, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous improvement, software development and deployment best practices, and help these businesses stay on top of the latest technology trends in software and solutions architecture in the cloud.oles and Responsibilities:
• Foster and develop the capabilities of the Solution Architects within your team.
• Provide career guidance and growth opportunities for your team.
• Nurture and grow the teams inclusive and collaborative way of working, grow the teams sense of belonging.
• Build strong and trusted relationships with our customers at the leadership level
• Team with other SA Managers and Leaders within the ISV team and wider, developing better ways of working on behalf of both our customers and ourselves.
• As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
• Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts, POC's).
• Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions.
• Take full advantage of the training and developmental support AWS offers, to grow technically and personally to nurture a better you.
• Background in the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture.
• Have Lead technical teams; Development, Architecture, or Operational Support and have relevant software delivery leadership skills.
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• Working understanding of Agile and Product delivery practices.
• Sought out by others for Career guidance and development.
• A passion for technology and for learning in areas such as; Data Engineering, DevOps, Micro-service and Serverless architectures
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, enterprise workloads using Windows, high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working with Software Vendors.
• Experience in product design
• Experience working in a customer-facing role
• Experience with public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.