See job description for details
Software Engineer – Google Cloud Developer – Melbourne First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel
where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you. Role Title
Software Engineer – Google Cloud Developer – Melbourne Role Overview What does a 'day in the life' look like
Role Skills and Responsibilities What will be in your toolkit
- Works with product owner, analysts, engineers, testers to deliver new cloud collaboration capability as a platform on GCP.
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions.
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities.
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management.
- Contribute towards estimates and continuously reviews demand with Product Owner.
- Work with intelligent, passionate, and humble engineers who own their products and share a vision for what they build.
- Interact with consumers to Visualise, Design & Develop API’s
- Visualise/Design/Develop highly scalable, available, and reliable cloud-native applications using GCP IaaS, CaaS, PaaS
- Collaborate on exciting and impactful projects with multiple global teams and projects like ANZx.
The following skills are necessary for the role
- Have a thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies bringing benefits into the Tribe
- Ability to triage and diagnose defects/issues
- Experienced working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions.
- Understand customer needs to make sound judgments
- Pays attention to the detail and demonstrates problem solving capability to develop and deliver quality solutions
- Understanding of current state landscape and relevant technologies
- Has a broad understanding of how to apply New Ways of Working to their role .
- Certified Google Cloud Developer
The following skills are highly regarded
- Designing/Developing/Deploying high-performing applications and APIs & Microservices.
- Designing secure application. authentication using JWT, OAuth 2.0, Certificate-based authentication (e.g., SSL, mTLS)
- Defining database schemas for Google-managed databases (e.g., Firestore, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud SQL)
- Deployment strategies using the appropriate tools (e.g., Cloud Build, Spinnaker, Tekton, Anthos Configuration Manager) for the target compute environment (e.g., Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine).
- Performance tuning and optimisation to achieve microsecond latencies.
- Integrating an application with data and storage services in GCP.
- Design and deploy asynchronous application using Apache Kafka/Pub-Sub.
- Passionate, self-starter with the ability to work on problems from inception to completion
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Write unit tests, perform code reviews, and be involved with design discussions about architecture, data models, business logic
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of agile development practices, JIRA and Confluence, and Git/Bitbucket or similar distributed source-control systems.
- Must have strong knowledge on Scalability, Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution
- Proven experience with microservices/API architecture.
- Proven experience with Go Programming language
Visit our ANZ Life page for more information on how we work at ANZ
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Engineering@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page