Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. Your work
Where to start? We have multiple products spanning b2b wallets, payment acceptance, credit card issuing, treasury management, FX and this list continues to expand. At Airwallex, we are growing rapidly and our engineers are encouraged to be nimble and have an appetite to want to work across multiple business areas.
We have ambitious goals, cutting edge technology and multiple opportunities to come in and start delivering simple and effective engineering led solutions to our customers. Our tech stack (Kotalin, Kafka, Kubernetes and React) is built to be flexible, architecturally designed to be scalable and event driven at its core.
Day to day you will collaborate with your team mates on full stack development (including testing). Our release cycle is rapid and devops is also a fully integrated working practice. In addition you will have the opportunity to make a contribution to how we think about how we work. Our leaders welcome all Airwallex people to contribute to our IT road map and to constantly challenge the processes that we build our platforms through.
Who you are:
- You are committed - You strive to produce, exceptional, risk free, fully tested solutions in all the platforms you build.
- You can think on your feet - with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment
- You are naturally curious- always asking why to better understand our customer needs
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Designing and building REST APIs
- High volume distributed systems
- Kafka event streams
- Distributed data storage systems (Cassandra, Hazelcast, Oracle Coherence or similar)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), Aliyun (similar stack) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.