We're Littlepay - a growing fintech headquartered in Melbourne with operations in the UK, EU, LATAM, USA, and more recently, Australia. Our payments platform enables our customers to pay for public transport using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Processing over 100 million transactions in 13 countries and continuing to expand globally, we're proud to move more people through better payment experiences.
Our Littlepay values:
About the opportunity
- Trust and be trustworthy
- Embrace challenge
- Solve problems, together
- Deliver with speed and agility
- Be candid and kind
We're looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join our highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team to help build the next generation of our customer facing Public Transport Operator & Traveller apps.
Reporting to the Delivery Lead, the Senior Software Engineer will take ownership for the development & delivery of web applications and APIs to add real world a global customers base. Working closely with the Technical lead and engineering peers you will have thrive helping others in your team grow through mentoring, collaboration, technical design and code reviews. You will need to be curious, proactive and motivated to provide industry leading experience for customers and partners in the transit and mobility sectors.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll:
- Be passionate about collaborative product development
- Have concern for domain boundaries and identify design trade offs
- Be a strong advocate of best practices and continuous improvement
- Take end-to-end ownership for delivering public facing applications that delight our customers
- Enjoy solving complex and interesting problems in an agile team setting
- Care about your team, help them grow and provide constructive kind feedback and mentoring
From a technology standpoint, you'll work with:
- Java & Go microservices & serverless on the Backend
- React & NextJs in TypeScript on the Frontend
- Open source and AWS cloud technologies (ECS/RDS/DynamoDB/S3/SQS/APIGateway/Lambda/SAM/CF/PostgreSQL)
Ideally, you'll have:
- At least 5 years' experience of hands-on, commercial experience in Java
- At least 5 years experience of hands-on, commercial experience in React
- Experience developing to and designing for RESTful API and Event Driven architectures
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices
- An interest or experience in UX design
- A willingness to learn, fail, and try again
- An enthusiastic attitude and a collaborative nature to share your knowledge
- Genuine curiosity, and a proactive and self-motivated approach to learning
- The ability to co-ordinate, and communicate clearly and effectively on a wide range of issues with colleagues, both technical and non-technical
Bonus points for having:
Our recruitment process
- 1+ years of commercial experience in Go
If you've been shortlisted for the role, you'll first have a chat with a member of the Talent team, who will set up an interview if the stars align. A short workplace preferences questionnaire will also be sent to help us learn more about the way you prefer to work. Following a successful first interview, you'll be sent a technical challenge. If we like what we see, we'll invite you to interview with a second set of Littlepay folks before presenting an offer.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or if you require any accommodations for any stage in the interview process, please let us know. Additionally, if you don't meet all of the criteria (we know that some underrepresented groups tend to avoid applying if they don't), please still apply. We really enjoy meeting people who might bring a fresh perspective on a problem we need to solve!
Ultimately, being part of our small but mighty team means you'll have the opportunity to learn about micropayments, and have a hand in the provision of services that impact millions of people. You'll help us deliver on our revolutionary product roadmap and help scale our platform as we continue to expand across the globe. Benefits
We love to look after our people. At Littlepay, you'll be part of an inclusive and diverse team that celebrates the differences and unique gifts we each bring to work.
You'll have access to:
- A high trust working environment, with usage of cloud collaboration tools like Notion, Slack, Miro, Gmail and Jira that help us work together effectively
- Paid professional development (including conferences, courses, learning subscriptions, etc.)
- Harrison Assessments - our talent management provider that facilitates continuous professional development
- A variety of flexible leave options (including annual, personal, volunteer, parental, grandparental, gender affirmation, and more)
- Superannuation contributions on all paid parental leave payments
- A company-wide paid day off
- Our flexible public holiday program
- Flexible (hybrid) working conditions
- Wellbeing support- including a free School of Life subscription for all employees, and counselling via the School of Life (UK) or our EAP program (Australia)
- Our generous employee referral program
- Mid-year, quarterly, and end-of-year corporate and team events and workshops
- Short-term remote working arrangements
- International travel opportunities (dependent on role)
You'll also be able to take up the numerous other benefits that working at Littlepay affords you - including being part of a growing community of innovators at Stone and Chalk, where we enjoy lunch 'n' learns, summertime barbeques, ping pong tournaments, fortnightly drinks, catered breakfasts and morning teas, and more.
If this opportunity interests you, hit apply! We look forward to learning about you. Littlepay are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.