This position is responsible for delivering our sales and service proposition to Financial Advisers in Victoria and Tasmania. Working closely with the senior Relationship Manager in Victoria, this position will identify sales leads, and appropriately position T. Rowe Price’s products to increase flows and funds under management in our suite of products. They will represent the company at industry events including PD Days and conferences, and as a key member of the broader Intermediary Australia team, provide insights and share ideas amongst the team.
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
- Primary responsibility is growing our footprint and servicing adviser relationships in Victoria and Tasmania
- Meet with financial advisers across the spectrum of IFA, aligned, brokers, Private Wealth and achieve activity target (320 over the course of 12 months)
- Achieve gross and net flow target whilst diversifying the business across the range of Australian Unit Trusts
- Represent T. Rowe Price at industry events including PD Days and Conferences and provides leads to the other Relationship Managers around the country
- Partners with marketing team contacts and other sales team members to develop promotional & pitch ideas and materials
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Sales skills – should be sales and results oriented with an entrepreneurial passion for developing businesses.
- Understand the growth dynamic/change taking place in the Australian market and have the ability to leverage T. Rowe's relevant products and solutions in each channel
- It is imperative for the RM to build relationships and have a high level of client servicing and responsiveness to client questions/queries
- Manage an efficient schedule to maintain engagement with new and existing clients, coordinate collateral for meetings and presentations
- Collegiate mentality –must be a strong fit with T Rowe Price’s unique culture and able to work successfully with the firm’s investment professionals by establishing peer credibility. This individual will realize and act upon the importance of creating a solid internal network with our associates in London, Baltimore and Hong Kong
- The successful candidate must build productive working relationships with senior internal colleagues across legal, operations and the PM/PS team
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven record of 3-5 years in the financial services industry (preferably in asset management)
- Deep knowledge and experience of Australian Financial Advice market.
- A sophisticated understanding of investing and ideally a proven ability to identify product trends and to advise the design of appropriate products to meet investor demands
- Existing relationships in the intermediary market preferred
- Client facing experience
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion
- Strong integrity and high ethical standards
- A confident self-starter
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including the ability to represent T Rowe Price Australia and all our fund range
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.