Our client is one of Australia’s largest Super funds with over $50 billion in funds under management and a deep heritage as a member focused organisation. Adding Private Equity as an asset class more recently, the investment function is now looking to develop its capability with the establishment of an internal Private Equity team. As a result, it is looking for a Senior Manager to join its Melbourne office.
Reporting to the Head of Private Equity, the role will focus on investment activities covering the full spectrum of PE and VC direct, fund of fund and secondaries. Co-investments may be considered as the portfolio matures.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting with the execution of new investment activities, managing the investment due diligence process and timelines; developing investment thesis and risk identification, deal sourcing and opportunity mapping/researching, and preparation of investment committee materials. You will also be involved with post investment management activities including reviewing performance against plan.
An integral member of the investment team, you will coordinate industry research to inform investment themes, views and thought leadership to share amongst colleagues and across the organisation.
Key attributes for the successful candidate will include:
• Experience managing relevant transactions across the full investment lifecycle
• Excellent knowledge of the global PE landscape, including existing strong relationships (and the ability to build new ones) with GPs, Fund of Funds and advisors
• Ability to identify key themes to source attractive investment opportunities
• Knowledge and experience within a growth equity or buyout focused strategy
• Leadership and supervision expertise to deliver high quality investment outcomes
• Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Relevant tertiary qualifications within Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce or Law. An MBA or the CFA program would be desirable qualifications.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved in the early stages and development of the Private Equity team within a well-regarded direct investment team. You will ideally have at least 7 years’ industry experience within private equity (growth or buyout), corporate finance or investment banking with exposure to PE funds or direct PE investments.
Applicants must have full working rights in place for Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
Initial enquiries in strictest confidence to Michael Lee at Jon Michel Executive Search via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9653 8620
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications