Senior Licensing and Regulatory Manager - Australia
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. The Role:
Reporting to the Director of Licensing and Regulatory based in Hong Kong, this role will have a strong focus on advising complex regulatory and licensing issues in Australia and around the world. As a Senior Licensing and Regulatory Manager, you will be a valuable member of a global team. You will be given the opportunity to support a rapidly growing business and support the management team to navigate an increasingly complex regulatory landscape. If you are someone that loves working in a fast paced environment and is able to work under pressure then this role could be for you.
- Be responsible for handling all regulatory and licensing issues relating to our Australian business.
- Monitor trends and developments of Australian regulatory issues. Work closely with the legal and AML compliance teams to ensure compliance.
- Review and update manuals, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Australian laws and regulations.
- Support local and global Product, Strategy and Management teams on launch of new products or business initiatives.
- Be responsible for liaising with senior stakeholders in Australia and around different regions.
- Manage external counsel on regulatory matters.
- 7+ years of post-qualification experience.
- Strong regulatory experience gained in fintech industry, reputable law firm(s) or financial institutions.
- Sound knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment in Australia (experience with ASIC and APRA a definite advantage).
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, results-driven, and take ownership for their work.
- Ability to multi-task and a team player with strong communication skills
- You lean in - You are proactive with business partners to identify the important items in the regulatory roadmap and keep pace with a fast-moving business
- You are legally minded - You possess strong academics, drafting skills and are keen to learn, with a desire to develop your skills and knowledge in the FinTech industry
- You improve - You are naturally drawn to process improvement with the ability to identify inefficiencies and uplift processes accordingly
- You are heard - You display strong communication skills which allows you to communicate effectively with stakeholders from various departments
- You are a team player - You build rapport and become a vital part of a small and fast-paced team
- You are a doer - You conduct yourself in an autonomous way to deliver on the above...a key skill in any FinTech
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.