Senior Global Relationship Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
HSBC Commercial Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the Melbourne team in the role of Senior Global Relationship Manager in our Corporates team. You will be responsible for manages a portfolio of LC customers, with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery.
The Large Corporate (LC) segment of CMB represents an important segment within the CMB business and focuses on its largest and more complex customers (large Privtae companies and publicly listed corporates), and on an average basis, they are the largest contributors to CMB's revenues. To meet their sophisticated needs and to provide a bespoke level of service, LC's servicing model is constructed around a Global Relationship Manager who serves as the anchor for the relationship and coordinates with product partners (such as Capital Financing, Global Liquidity and Cash management, Global Trade and Receivables Finance and Global and Markets etc) to offer solutions based on the customers' needs and complexity of the business. Coupled with the provision of CMB core product offering, the customer's requirement for Capital Financing solutions to satisfy an event driven business need is seen as a major characteristic of this segment. Your main responsibilities will include
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will bring
- Grow sustainable revenues from the existing customer portfolio through targeted acquisition of new to bank Large Corporate customers
- Ensure proactive and appropriate relationship building / customer contact plans and pipeline management for both existing and new customers
- Drive new to bank origination and engagement with internal stakeholders / Product Partners and Risk to ensure origination activity is targeted and appropriate across our 'wheelhouse' of sector focus and product / service proposition resulting in financially sustainable new customer acquisition (and improved penetration of extant portfolio)
- Generate assets through the use of appropriate risk management tools, priced appropriately for risk and returns and within customer's risk appetite - appropriate selling
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer requirements and HSBC interests (risk mitigation / capital optimization / returns etc) while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking - appropriate selling
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of deal and customer information on relevant Group systems
- Develop effective strategies to manage and grow customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as a market leader in this segment
- Identify opportunities for referrals to other Group Product and Service partners and Global Businesses, and ensure these are in line with identified needs and the customer's and HSBC's risk appetite
- Proactively grow international/cross border revenue
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Tertiary qualified with an any appropriate post graduate study
- Extensive banking experience (ideally strong Large Corporate banking experience)
- Good understanding of the landscape within the context of the Victorian corporate sector
- Strategic awareness and strong commercial acumen and relationship management experience
- Strong origination and execution experience in the Large corporate sector and broad Product knowledge relevant to the clients within this segment (ie Capital Markets, Global Trade & Receivables Finance, Global Markets, Global Liquidity and Cash Management)
- Understanding of ESG considerations and initiatives within the Group to support clients
- Strong credit skills and ability to quickly grasp HSBC credit policy, procedure and risk appetite
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ability to lead, motivate other senior stakeholders, managers across a wide range of strategic iniatives and agendas
- Highly developed communication, presentation and influencing skill set
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we will look to prioritise those candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.