Senior Consultant - Software Engineer
Senior Consultant - Software Engineer Do you love solving complex problems, designing sophisticated solutions and building innovative technology for Australia's largest organisations?
- Are you passionate about Digital Transformation?
- Do you embrace digital disruption?
- Are you convinced that the Fourth Industrial Revolution is fundamentally changing the way we live, work and relate to each other?
- Do you aspire to create the best customer experiences across Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI)?
- Do you believe in creating powerful actionable insights from Data and Analytics?
- Do you want to work in a diverse and flexible working environment?
New digital technologies and disruptive business models mean many organisations are struggling to keep pace with the transformative changes required to drive growth and meet customer demands. KPMG Digital Delta provides end-to-end digital innovation and transformation services to help overcome this challenge.
By designing and implementing new fit-for-purpose operating models, KPMG Digital Delta helps organisations to reframe their business models, improve operational productivity, create the best customer experiences, and enhance employee collaboration. We bring together best practice knowledge and technology, along with deep expertise across all industries.
More specifically, we re-imagine and re-invent organisations to become world class digital enterprises using advanced technologies, data and human insights. We help organisations to embrace Digital Strategy, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cognitive, the Internet of Things (IoT), Data, Analytics & Modelling, Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) and more.
We work with clients to:
Your new role
- Formulate strategies that re-imagine organisations
- Harness innovation from the 4th industrial revolution
- Actioning insights from trusted data to consistently and quickly make clear decisions
- Build adaptive organisations
- Thrive as a connected enterprise - front, middle and back office
The Software Engineer takes responsibility for the design and development of applications that form our technological solutions. This typically involves a combination of business understanding, UI/UX, front-end development, back-end development, and database development using a variety of languages and frameworks.
You will be:
You bring to the role
- Building data-driven web applications, software architecture, testing and research, implementing web application tools (with visualisation and geo-location capabilities) for businesses, aiding client's users of variety of roles to make faster and confident decisions - that while analysing, documenting and conforming to user-centred design principles.
- Contributing to maintenance and documentation activities with an awareness of the end-to-end processes and engaging in developing at different levels of the stack.
- Researching, inventing, analysing and evaluating applications and system needs and assisting in activities that involve technology evaluation and competitive analysis.
What we offer you
- Proven experience building high-quality, cross-platform applications.
- Designing client-side and server-side architecture based on user needs, technical requirements, and legacy technology/infrastructure limitations.
- Experience writing effective and efficient APIs with API driven development utilising authentication frameworks based on best practices for one or more API languages, including PHP, Python, Ruby, .Net/C#, Java, or Node.js.
- Experience designing and implementing service-oriented architectures including RESTful or microservices.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases including design, implementation, security, and caching.
- Experience developing stateless applications that have minimal reliance on persistent infrastructure.
- Breadth of knowledge about the applicability and benefits of the contemporary frameworks, libraries and components.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrate experience using version control systems and best practices.
- A commercial perspective and an understanding of how to deliver value for clients.
- Experience with testing and automated testing frameworks (for functionality, usability, interface, compatibility, performance, and security) across the entire application stack including test design, test cases, and documentation.
- Ability to present to stakeholders and describe technical and non-technical aspects and design decisions of applications.
- Experience in data visualisation tools such as D3 or similar, user access management tools, content management, and build tools is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools (Jenkins and the like), and delivery using Agile development methodologies is desirable.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online. Advertised:
19 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
31 May 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now