Security Operations Engineer
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As a Security Operations Engineer here at Airwallex, you will sit within our Security team and work closely with all IT, product and engineering teams across the business. Reporting directly to the SecOps Lead this role will see you being a critical part of the team helping to design and develop our infrastructure and its security standards. This is a hands-on role that requires experience and expertise managing projects and processes related to security of our networks, systems and applications.
What you will do
- Help expand our roadmap for improving security in a high growth environment
- Write threat detection strategies, lead investigations and incident response, and make sure we're remediating afterwards
- Develop security initiatives and roll them out across the business to improve our ability to respond and remediate security events faster
- Continually assess our security, highlight strengths and weaknesses, and help make our organisation safer for our employees
- Participate in supporting major external security certification and compliance attestation initiatives
What you'll bring
- At least 5 years experience in information security
- In depth understanding of common attacker tools and techniques, and how they can be detected and prevented
- A passion for solving problems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical security and software concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Python, Java/Kotlin, Typescript, NodeJS, and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with GCP, Alibaba Cloud, and other cloud providers
- Experience with vulnerability assessment, network and endpoint administration, and common security monitoring tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar is preferred
- Any additional training or security certifications, such as OSCP, or a history of responsible disclosure is a big plus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.