Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting directly to the Chief Legal, Risk and Compliance Officer of Airwallex, the Risk Director is a critical role which will establish and embed the necessary risk frameworks, policies, processes and technology that will allow Airwallex to scale globally. We are looking to build an infrastructure that will balance risk whilst keeping customer experience top of mind. This role is part of a truly global team and we are open to this person being based in any of our established offices.
- Devising a risk management function which covers risk monitoring, detection, policy and assurance across the global footprint of the Airwallex business
- Defining, developing and implementing risk strategies, guidelines, performance metrics and monitoring systems to detect and prevent potential abuse and vulnerabilities
- Effectively establishing and communicating the Airwallex risk appetite to ensure risk awareness and adoption is adhered to across the business
- Partnering with business, operations, technology, product and other stakeholders to deliver actionable and measurable business outcomes while minimising risk exposure including but not limited to financial crime risk, fraud risk, counter-party risk and liability risk
- Monitoring, enhancing and embedding the Risk Management Framework in order to ensure the global entities within the group are operating within acceptable risk tolerance
- Working closely with the Chief Legal, Risk and Compliance Officer, the CEO and advising the Board on risk and control topics
- Advising the management on risk, governance and regulatory requirements (external) across all markets the company operates in
- Being the evangelist in fostering Risk Culture within Airwallex
- Recruit, train and supervise a global risk management team
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Legal or related fields
- At least 10+ years of relevant Risk Management, Compliance, Control or Auditing experience preferred
- Experience in FinTech and Financial Services (especially in Payments/Consumer/Remittance) are highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages are considered advantageous.
- Experience in managing/leading an international team
- Independent, self-starter and works well with cross-functional teams
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.