To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details
Salesforce Professional Services brings market-leading Salesforce expertise and a customer-centric approach to maximise the long-term success of our customers. We are an integral part of bringing 'vision to value' in a seamless journey with leading-practice services. Our platform strategy point-of-view, customer experience leadership and architecture governance protects and grows our customer's return on investment. We do this in collaboration with our Salesforce colleagues and the broader ecosystem to ensure we leave a lasting legacy for our customers, employees, and partners. We run a sustainable business that balances our business and customer obligations yet prioritising the wellbeing of our team. Role Description:
We are looking for a Program Architect who will play a critical role within Salesforce Professional Services, serving as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform expert to the company's largest, most complex enterprise customers. In addition to being a trusted advisor, you'll get a chance to develop and extend your expertise across a variety of domains as every architect has a personalised learning journey that balances their career ambitions, customer demands, and practice needs. The role demands a mix of technical expertise, business acumen, thought leadership, empathy and a thirst for continuous improvement. Responsibilities
- Help our customer maximise their Salesforce product portfolio investments, typically over a 6 - 12 month engagement.
- Be a Trusted Advisor to our customers with a mix of credible platform expertise across our product portfolio and a comprehensive understanding for the customer's industry vertical, enterprise technology landscape, and stakeholder engagement.
- Drive conversations with our customer's technical and business stakeholders with empathy and understanding for personalities and situations. Recommend best practices for enterprise architectural concerns across security, performance, scale, operations, governance and the software development lifecycle. Use influence and adaptive communication strategies to achieve optimal customer outcomes.
- Build lasting relationships with customers, partners and internal resources and leverage them for better customer outcomes. Identify and clarify opportunities for uplift in other parts of the customer's business. Work closely with the sales organisation in qualifying said opportunities.
- Contribute to a program vision while advising and articulating a cohesive technology and business aligned roadmap. Understand key customer business drivers, motivations and goals and align program strategies to a long term vision with an ability to clarify ambiguity.
- Drive the creation of architectural, operational, technical solution and design artefacts that leverage Salesforce best practice to effectively leverage Salesforce into the customer's enterprise. Review and co-create existing project/program direction, approach, using key technical and governance artefacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable, scalable and maintainable. Be hands-on as necessary through technical proof of concepts to bridge architecture to delivery.
- Ability to orchestrate the resolution of program issues and ensure that customer solutions are aligned to product roadmaps through collaboration with other Salesforce product, sales and customer success teams . Troubleshoot and drive resolution of key customer architectural and implementation issues.
- Contribute to the growth of the Salesforce Professional Services organisation and your own career by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives for growth and internal enablement. Mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical Salesforce customer and partner colleagues.
- Ability to be at customer site if and when required, assessed on a "per engagement" basis. Engagements are generally local to your region with limited out of state or international travel required.
- A desire and willingness to continually study new concepts with disciplines and technologies and apply them where applicable. This includes self-learning via structured learning paths, specialist certification and hands-on training.
- Solid consulting and/or software product development/management experience coupled with demonstrable thought leadership and an innovation mindset.
- Expert knowledge of, and implementation experience with, one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. CRM, ERP).
- Cloud application and architecture experience , with knowledge of the wider regional cloud ecosystem.
- A solid team player who also has the initiative to work independently when required.
- The ability to read a room and/or situation and empathise through reason and compromise.
- Proven ability to analyse, design, and optimise complex processes using technology.
- Ability to advise and mentor diverse teams with competing business and technical requirements where negotiated clear outcomes are required.
- Stakeholder management skills, empathy and understanding of personalities and situations with the ability to communicate the right message, at the right time, to the right audience.
- Ability to identify and manage risk areas through lean program governance.
- Highly beneficial to have any Salesforce.com product certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 3 months:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
- Basic understanding of industry verticals such as Telecom, Utilities, Finance, Media, Commerce, Health Care, Life Sciences, Public Sector, Retail, Consumer Goods or Non-for-Profit with Subject Matter Expertise in one or more.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more areas - Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Security, Integration, Data Architecture, Data Modelling, Identity and Access Management, Mobile Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture.
- Large enterprise project experience with Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies, in projects that focused on business transformation or optimisation
- Fundamental understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle and how well-defined processes and tools can assist in maintaining quality whilst increasing cadence. An understanding of the Salesforce "DevOps" ecosystem is a bonus.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionise companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being named one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For 2021 - 13 years in a row.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that's so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities. Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.