See job description for details
About The Role
- Reduce key risks in the Payments and Merchants risk profile
- Deliver and manage compelling propositions to acquire, engage and retain merchant customers
- Drive financial outcomes and margin management for the P&L owners
- Embed a culture of learning, empowerment, adaptability, delivery & collaboration
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
The Payments and Merchants Tribe, currently within Australia Retail & Commercial is responsible for delivering and managing compelling merchant products and propositions for business owners and corporates, helping them get paid more simply, reliably and cost-effectively.
As the Product Area Lead, you will be responsible for driving the product areas strategic vision and roadmap and acting as the ultimate voice of the customer. You will help inspire and enable the Payments and Merchants tribe to achieve their shared mission helping to guide prioritization required to achieve optimal customer outcomes and reduce risk. Your key accountabilities in this role will include:
- Owning the end to end lifecycle and performance and risk management of the product; from concept and development, to positioning and pricing, launch, post launch support through to decommissioning.
- Reducing risks in the Payment and Merchants Risk profile including value chain oversight and governance.
- Delivering compelling propositions and commercial margin management to meet the P&L aspirations.
- Planning and prioritising work with the Tribe Lead and Tribe Performance Lead in order to deliver upon customer needs and strategic priorities as well as reduce risk.
- Enabling and facilitating a supportive team environment to ensure your team are engaged and able to deliver on the Tribe purpose.
- Embedding the NWOW culture of learning, empowerment, rapid experimentation, adaptability and collaboration.
To grow and be successful in this role, you’ll ideally bring the following:
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing Product Roadmaps to deliver a business strategy.
- Proven commercial acumen, analytical skills and data-driven decision making.
- The ability to identify, monitor and manage risks, issues and dependencies, agreeing appropriate risk responses.
- Resilience and a fast paced approach with a strong growth mindset.
- Ability to develop and mentor your team as well as building a network of strong relationships across the bank.
- Role modelling and promoting ANZ values, New Ways of Leading and our aspirational culture and leading the team to do the same.
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn’t valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours – things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS129797.