Are you committed to bringing your best to life every day?
At MLC Life Insurance, we're proud of our history of protecting Australians for over 135 years. We provide flexible, affordable, and innovative insurance products to almost 1 million Australians. We're Australian-led and managed, and part of a global network through our partnership with one of the world's leading life insurers, Nippon Life Insurance Group.
We're driven by a powerful purpose, providing our customers and their families with a Promise for Life to be there when they need us most - and that's a great purpose to bring us together at work every day.
We work hard to deliver a total customer experience that keeps our customers and partners at the forefront of all our decisions. We're a values-driven business that strives for high performance and growth as we look towards the future. The role
We currently have an opportunity to join our Group Insurance function as a Pricing Actuary/Senior Pricing Analyst. This is a perfect opportunity for a nearly or newly qualified Actuary.
In this role you will be responsible for pricing our flagship master trust partner and will have the opportunity to work on new business tenders.
You will also be responsible for:
- Regular review of emerging experience relative to pricing assumptions, with input into the development of reporting tools for internal performance monitoring.
- Addressing day-to-day queries from internal stakeholders (e.g. Client Relationship teams, Product & Operations, Claims) as well as external stakeholders (e.g. reinsurers and clients).
- Taking a proactive approach to challenging the status quo to improve quality and efficiency of analysis.
- Ensuring pricing is compliant with regulatory requirements and internal profitability metrics, including liaising with Appointed Actuary to create CPS 320 compliant pricing advice.
- Providing advice to the Business as well as to our clients on the financial impacts of their decisions.
- Involvement in pricing research projects to improve the pricing team's understanding of key risk drivers.
- Acting as a mentor to the Pricing Analysts in the team and be involved in the training of the analysts.
Bringing our best to life - why join us?
- 3-5 years' experience working in Life Insurance Actuarial functions (Group Insurance experience highly regarded).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and R is essential, exposure to VBA preferred.
- Ability to sense check results and provide insights based on detailed analysis.
- Ability to understand and then communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- We do work that makes a genuine difference to our customers, partners and community.
- We have a supportive, inclusive and flexible team culture, including hybrid working.
- We support your growth and development, and careers across our business units and teams that are as unique as our people
- We reward and celebrate our successes, through our incentive and recognition programs.
- We offer tools, resources and benefits to support your wellbeing, including additional lifestyle leave and our Family Life hub.
- We connect and celebrate our diversity at work through our social committees and employee groups, and we contribute to our community with paid volunteer leave and through our sustainability commitments.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including Federal Police Checks, Employment checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and Bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates, however they will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the position.