Platform Engineer / Lead
Job Description: The Role:
As a Platform Engineer, you have superior knowledge and high effectiveness in engineering complex system and platform implementations in the Cloud, identifying and developing automation opportunities, and applying automated build / delivery and continuous integration practices in complex environment.
You are always looking ahead to ensure your solutions fit in the bigger picture and the long-term strategy. As Platform Engineer you have a bias to action and apply your knowledge to engineer scalable, resilient, and future-proof platforms. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Drive forward the delivery, engineering decisions and platform solution to align to the long term strategic architectural vision.
- Ensure that platforms, systems and services are engineered to facilitate the achievement of service objectives, including resiliency and scalability.
- Identify, develop and lead the implantation of automation or optimisation opportunities, with a focus on cost, availability, and performance.
- Lead large scale implementation of platform and services from inception through to production, maintaining quality documentation and procedures for the ongoing support of the platform.
- Share knowledge and pair with the fellow engineers in your team to maximise the team's skills and capabilities.
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 7+ years IT experience in a large enterprise organisation.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in the application of Agile and Lean approaches.
- Deep experience working with Amazon Web Services and Cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS). Previous exposure to following technologies is highly desirable - Database Migration Services (DMS), Redshift, Aurora, Spectrum, Athena, Glue Catalogue, and/or Lambda functions.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding security & governance challenges involved in deploying to Cloud environments.
- Knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management best practices
- Solid experience in Infrastructure as Code development (Terraform, CloudFormation), DevOps philosophies and toolchains such as continuous integration and delivery.
- Solid experience with Linux system implementation and management using automation frameworks like Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems and developing and delivering platform solutions in multiple environments.