Platform Engineer (Data Transmission)
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $10 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
Vanguard is increasing its Engineering presence in Australia and as such is seeking an experienced Data Transmission Specialist to join our growing team.
Vanguard's Data Transmission Services team manages the enterprise solution for data movement between Vanguard and our external partners. We are looking for an individual who likes working with internal and external clients, has a growth mindset, and is eager to innovate What you will do
What are we looking for
- Provide intermediate level DTS services, including setting up, supporting, and debugging external business client transmissions. Set up new transmissions or modify existing transmissions using different protocols and file handling processes. Also debug transmission issues and incidents.
- Provide customer service to internal and external clients. Works closely with internal business clients, who serve as liaisons to external business clients and identify their DTS requirements. Participates in conference calls with internal and external business clients to set up or resolve DTS transmission issues.
- Respond to and resolves transmission issues in a timely manner. Reviews complex technical issues with senior team members and Manager. Also part of on-call rotation for production support.
- Work with senior team members to support the Axway product on multiple platforms
- Follow established DTS policy and standard operating procedures. Contribute towards adding or updating procedures, where needed.
- Familiar and basic understanding of data transmission protocols, transmission servers, Telecom Firewall rules and connection architecture.
- Understand client business functions and technology needs. Understands Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications, including those that interface with application and transmissions infrastructure.
- Comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects, and other initiatives and duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two - five years data transmission experience (MFT)
- Strong communication skills, analysis and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Intermediate experience with the following:
- Axway B2Bi experience
- Unix operating systems
- Cloud Technologies (AWS)
- Intermediate knowledge of the following DTS practices and concepts:
- File encryption and authentication
- Electronic commerce terminology
- Internet technologies (e.g., SSL)
- Network and supporting protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, SNMP, SFTP, FTP, FTPS)
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
- IBM mainframes
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products:
- HTML and XML
- Microsoft Office Suite
- MVS JCL
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of Sterling Commerce (CONNECT: Direct or NDM) and Axway Gateway Interchange is preferred.
At Vanguard we are all about 3C's, Client, Crew and Community. W e believe in invest ing in our crew by provid ing them career coaching and support . We have a Cloud Academy which help s building required technical acumen. We facilitate knowledge sharing through events hosted by the cloud guild. We believe in "Passing it forward" which helps our crew to give back to community. We run a yearly business acumen series to build investment acumen within our crew. W e truly believe in innovation, every year we host a Hackath on event where the crew can bring their innovation ideas to life and present it to senior leadership . We also understand that life outside of work matters, so whil e we work hard, we are also known for a culture that helps support our crew with work/life balance Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.