*Partner Solutions Architect
DESCRIPTION Do you like to solve complex technical problems? Do you want to find the next big thing in technology and empower partners to take full advantage of the cloud? Do you have a passion for globally scaling partner development programs? Then come help us make history!
This is the right role for someone who has experience in Operations, DevOps or software engineering, but wants to focus on building, advising, and teaching our partner community through scalable and programmatic interactions. As a Partner Solutions Architect, you serve as the technical face of AWS to the emerging partner community (star-up through enterprise). Passion for new and progressive technology is an absolute requirement for this position. Technical breadth is crucial in this role, as it spans a large area from distributed systems, CI/CD, database design, automation, storage, networking and just about everything in-between.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with partners and provide feedback to the engineering teams for future service offerings.
We also work hard to get the word out about the cool things our partners are doing with AWS. To do this at scale, we focus on writing technical papers, producing code samples, writing blog posts, conducting webinars and speaking at AWS partner events. Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement with AWS emerging technology and system integrator partners, as well as managing technical enablement of our internal Partner Development teams.
The ideal candidate will possess technical skills in software architecture, web development, automation, and operations. Strong communication skills are important in this role and the ability to authentically speak to technical audiences is important.
Having fun is an important part of our approach. We're here because we love what we do, and we come to work ready to have fun changing the world.
The role requires occasional travel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Support high scale partner development business team
• Advise partners on opportunities to grow their business in the cloud
• Provide architectural guidance on cloud-fixing partner offerings
• Capture and share feedback from field with internal engineering teams
• Write technical white papers, blog posts, produce artefacts and provide specific technical guidance
• Provide guidance to partner engineering teams
• Prompt partners internally and externally with webinars and speaking opportunities
• Turn big ideas into solutions, and help influence the direction of AWS
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with architecting and designing cloud-based solutions
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements
• Hands on experience in web software development, systems administration or both
• 5+ years of experience working in a customer facing role
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with AWS
• AWS certifications
• Experience with programmatic process development and implementation
• Broad knowledge of the cloud technology partner ecosystem and related products
• Experience writing and publishing technical documents
• Domain experience with independent software vendors or system integrators
• Large scale systems management, operations or devops experience
• Experience automating, scripting and/or software development