Oracle Database Administrator
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 15 Oct 18
Oracle Database Administrator
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets commitments and provides excellent customer service at all times with internal and external clients.
- Provides status reports (written and/or verbal) that are detailed to tasks and difficulties encountered - enables managers to initiate escalation if necessary and assess areas where changes or additional support may be warranted.
- Ensures issues resulting in customer outage is escalated appropriately through TSG management.
- Assists application groups with design development that meet current and future business requirements:
- Participates in logical design process of strategic projects and responsible for the physical design/implementation.
- Provides specific direction on infrastructure design to support applications.
- Participates as a member of development support team on projects.
- Follows and meets project timelines and deadlines.
- Provides maintenance of physical database:Reports problem performance areas and recommendations for improvement.
- Creates physical database objectives following established standards and processes employed by database team.
- Enforces database standards and follows up on inconsistencies.
- Performs routine reviews of databases and systems to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Follows up on recommendations and actively pushes for implementation as appropriate.
- Understands and applies database concepts such as database definitions, parameters, database component placement, reorganization, access methods and security definitions.
- Works with capacity planning, operations, application developers and other TSG teams on database performance and access issues.
- Provides 24/7 support of production database environments.
- As primary administrator, provides on call support as needed for on-call issues with database environments and provides follow up and permanent resolution for reoccurring issues.
- Implements backup/recovery procedures to protect integrity of data in database environment.
- Actively manages backups along with other database administrators to ensure processes are successful and we can recover as a result.
- If necessary, participates in recovery of databases and assists with disaster recovery testing and documentation.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in project management methodologies is desired including ability to estimate, plan, manage and communicate activities/deliverables of a mid-size project plan, i.e., a plan that affects a single system or product family and uses multiple resources
- Working knowledge of Oracle 12c or higher in a Linux or UNIX operating environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle software installation and patching, database creation, backup and recovery operations and user management.
- Experience with Red Hat or Oracle Linux administration
- Self-motivated to learn additional DBA skillsets, supporting various applications as a team player.
- Effective communication and team skills with an ability to cooperate, present to and participate with peers/team members
- Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Automated Storage Management (ASM)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Goldengate Replication
- Dataguard replication