OpenShift Practice Telecommunications, Energy & Utilities Consultant
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities OpenShift Practice Telecommunications, Energy & Utilities Professional Services Consultant
- Join our new GBS OpenShift and Middleware Practice
- Help solve client's most valuable problems
- Permanent position, based in Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy.
IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
We are building our GBS OpenShift and Middleware Practice, but we are missing one thing - you!
As the Professional Services Consultant for the Telco and EU sector
you will be based in either Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne/Perth. What will I be doing?
What skills will I need?
- Assessing an organisation's cloud readiness from a multi/hybrid perspective and advise clients on a cloud structure and containerisation strategy
- Providing subject matter expertise on cloud and containerisation
- Mentoring staff responsible for completing deployment, maintenance, monitoring and management tasks within the cloud structure
- Working as our Comms and EU interlock, embedding into the account, sales and consulting motions.
What experience do I need?
- Great experience and understanding of the either the Telecommunications, Energy or Utilities market(s) in Australia and New Zealand
- Ability to think like a business executive, manage security team members and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Design knowledge and experience in advising on suitable cloud and container architecture, especially in hybrid environments.
- Understanding of cloud and container infrastructure configuration and deployment.
- Deep understanding of modern cloud based technologies including Kubernetes, Docker and/or OpenShift.
- Degree and/or Cloud information management certifications
- 3+ years in container technology
- 8+ years in information technology
- Certified in one key cloud product with ability to understand others (such as Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Tanzu, IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of modern enterprise architecture
- A sound knowledge of the intricacies of either the Telecommunications, Energy or Utilities market(s) in Australia and New Zealand.
You are a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen of Australia Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise