New Business Manager (Hunter), Oceania
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Nov 18
New Business Manager (Hunter), Oceania
The Role and Impact: Reporting to the Commercial Director, O ceania, this New Business Manager role is responsible for driving the revenue growth of the S&P Global Platts business by aggressively and rapidly seeking new business footprints into different customer segments within assigned Oceania region to " hunt"/acquire new customer logos. This role is also required to be passionate about driving and delivering our Commercial transformation goals as we seek to implement diagnostic-based sales approach and a client-centric sales process. Additionally, he/she will actively participate in new initiatives that will enable Platts to accelerate its growth rate in the Oceania and APAC region.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Your Skills: You are a consistently over performing New Business Development expert ( Hunter), with a consultative and enthusiastic approach cum entrepreneurial mindset, high self-motivation and resiliency to rapidly successfully pursue/acquire new clients and opportunities. You possess exceptional communication skills with a natural ability to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You have in-depth knowledge of the commodities market industry and well-aware of what's happening. You have strong personal integrity, negotiation skills and view every rejection as a challenge to convert to a "Yes".
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for an individual contributor who is a proven and successful " Sales Hunter" to help S&P Global Platts drive exceptional growth by actively onboard new customers into our portfolio in a sustainable yet speedily manner that increases our market share and fosters strong customer relationships that translates into higher customer satisfaction rates and advocacy (e.g. S&P Global Platts Net Promoter Score) over the long term."
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the new business sales process
• Promotes and sells portfolio of products (existing and new) to new customers. Develops and consultatively sell appropriate product/service solutions, cultivates referrals, generate new opportunities, actively follow up on leads and drive a healthy pipeline that is characterized by strong velocity and volume
• Growth achieved with full attention to rapidly acquire new customers to boost both subscription dollars (deal size) and number of new logos to add to our customer base
Increased Customer Engagement
• Identify and initiate new client relationships and properly handover new clients (after onboarding) to inheriting Account Manager/ Business Development Manager to nurture for maximum Customer Lifetime Value for S&P Global Platts. Optimize revenue prioritizing opportunities and engaging customers proactively and frequently
• Works on customer proposals and presentations
• Mitigate future cancellations/downgrades post-sale by ensuring new customers continue to derive value from S&P Global Platts products and services during their onboarding process
• Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
Strategy and Planning
• Contribute to overall APAC region's sales and strategy component by executing assigned responsibility or activities to realize overall sales and strategic objectives for the Oceania region
• Leverage the knowledge built on customers and inputs from other functions within S&P Global Platts and across S&P Global divisions to ensure alignment with customer needs and S&P Global Platts strategy
• Develop and maintain territory and account plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis; drive marketing campaigns to successfully deliver against new logo acquisition objectives
• Research for Account Planning and related customer/market intelligence
• Account-centric Benchmarking and Geographic Whitespace analysis
• Monthly activity reporting with feedback on customer and market developments that impact our business
• Accurate & timely monthly forecasting plus any Ad-hoc reporting requirements
• Regular and transparent Account plan updates
• Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customer analysis, buying cycle status are accurately and promptly captured in Salesforce
Establish product development needs
• Actively engages marketing activities such as customer round tables, forums, events, BETA tests, Proof of Concepts (POC) and campaigns
• Activity drives back customer feedback for new product incubation and/or existing product enhancement
• Continuous learning to maintain a high level of relevant domain/product knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects
• Staying current on competitor offerings to identify the strengths and vulnerabilities of S&P Global Platts offerings in comparison
• Degree with minimum 3-5 years of successful new business development (hunting) experience, preferably in commodity, financial information or software technology provider role
• Hunter traits: Intrinsically motivated by growing business beyond where people think it can go. Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, perseverance, energy and sense of urgency
• Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience. Strong personal integrity and a confident and positive manner
• Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills in English, with an Asian language as a bonus due to the need to communicate with clients in Asia. Must utilize strong phone (especially cold calling), interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with customers and other functions.
• Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
• Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations. Work effectively in a team as well as independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can-do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset
• Proven success in doing business in Oceania is a must and specifically in APAC is a bonus. Strong multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
• Broad understanding of the energy & commodity industry including understanding the personas of front, mid and back office functions, as well as analysts is preferred
• Possess a Change Agent mindset and embrace commercial best practices, sales excellence and desired culture of values and behaviors
• Highly proficient in systems (Zuora, Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferably Prime Resource Group (PRG) Diagnostic Sales Methodology
• Ability to travel around the region frequently
Values and Behaviors:
Our values are Excellence, Relevance and Integrity. We are professional, setting and maintaining high standards in our interactions with our colleagues, always demonstrating the value that our data and services can bring to our customers. We are honest, transparent and responsive, showcasing our knowledge, and expertise to our customers. We foster and develop relationships to ensure we are accountable to and engage with our customers, partners and colleagues. We place diversity business objectives and the need to embrace openness, honesty, trust and respect ahead of our own personal goals. We understand the need to embrace change and ensure that customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our customers drive our tech-savvy initiatives, our desire to be lean and agile as well as our passion to develop ourselves and each other so we can deliver innovative, cost efficient growth opportunities for our customers.
We understand that as we grow, our customers grow too.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.