Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $10 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
Our global Network Operations Centre (NOC) team provides Tier Two NOC support across our Asia-Pacific operations. The primary responsibilities of the team typically include administering, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting Vanguards computer networks.
Our Network Operations Specialists are ultimately responsible for the successful Service Transition of new or changed network services support by the NOC received from Tier Three Network Engineering build teams & Technical Services Groups. What you will do
- Provides Tier Two and Tire Three level network operational support services, which includes but is not limited to supporting large scale network installations, special projects, Operational Acceptance of new network environments
- Participates in Major Incident Management Calls and activities, identifying network performance issues and trends with the help of network troubleshooting tools like wireshark, Splunk, Netops (e.g., Identifies failing network components, reviews firewall for blocks, tracing of network traffic).
What we are looking for
- Coordinates resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms (e.g., Availability Team)
- Work with Build organization to ensure smooth transition of new environments to the NOC
- Identifies potential opportunities and works to implement automation of manual tasks to improve the day to day operations of the NOC.
- Complies with Information Technology & Information Security policies and procedures
Specialisations that will make an impact
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field, coupled with demonstrated Network Operations experience
- Knowledge and experience with Infinistream Sniffer, APCON and other Packet Analyser would be well regarded
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies: Cisco IOS, Nexus OS, Juniper Junos, Cisco ACI, F5 Load Balancing, WAN, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC and AWS Direct Connect.
- Experience working with the following platforms: Brocade Switches, Cisco platforms, Juniper routers, Cisco ASA Firewall, Palo Alto Firewall, Aruba Wi-Fi and F5 Big IP.
- Experience with Service Now is preferred or similar comparable ITSM tool.
- Ability to remain calm while multi-tasking and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate
- Network experience with a financial organization is strongly preferred
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success