At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We as IBM are embracing our role as a trusted leader in designing and deploying the technologies that can help the world community operate more efficiently, more sustainably and more equitably for the people and the planet.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics. What will I be doing?
As the Network Engineer your primary responsibility will be to receive and manage ticket escalations from other teams as well as various monitoring tools involving service-affecting issues. This will involve troubleshooting, isolating and correcting service-affecting issues on the network in areas including but not limited to: routing protocols, routers, switches, firewall administration, MPLS, BGP, VPN, load balancing.
You will be proactive in planning, scheduling, and implementing network maintenance activities which include firmware upgrades, hardware replacement and network infrastructure augments/changes, and on a as needed, implement approved routing policy changes/corrections to mitigate points of traffic congestion on the network due to planned or unplanned incidents.
As part of your role you will work with network infrastructure/service providers to identify and correct causes of circuit disruption, and also working with hardware vendors as well to determine causes of device failure/issues.
Your experience in Network Engineering will allow you to create network connectivity diagrams and other documentation of live network environments for internal and customer use. You will be responsible for Incident management during critical events that impact the network, including internal and external communications, team coordination of repair and then root cause analysis efforts. This will mean effectively with internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical expertise, whilst ensuring a high quality customer service to internal and external groups when needed. Required Technical and professional Skills:
The Network Engineer will have working knowledge and experience of the following network protocols/technologies:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol)
- Dark fiber / DWDM systems
- Advanced Configuration of Juniper and Cisco devices
- Ability to initiate and effectively utilize "remote hands" assistance within datacenter and carrier hotel environments for items such as fault isolation, installation/test of structured cabling/cross-connects and troubleshooting physical equipment as well as replacing faulty components within a chassis
- Demonstrated history of organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated history of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely with little or no direct supervision
- Exhibit a strong understanding of customer service
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to recognize and prioritize critical tasks independently
- This is a shift-based position for a 24/7/365 department; individuals must be prepared to work a schedule of shifts that may include night, weekend and holiday work. On call rotation could also be required.
- Bachelors in Science degree in a computer technology field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in network engineering and operations in a multi-vendor environment
- One of the following Certifications: Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
Location and Travel
- The primary location for this position is in one of the local IBM offices.
- Periodic travel to other IBM Cloud IaaS offices and/or data centers may be required (
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above