Job Description About US
UniSuper is a place for people who want to make a difference in their work and the world. As one of Australia's largest super funds you will join an inclusive team of passionate people focused on creating a great retirement outcome for our members.
You will be empowered to grow your career and contribute from day one in an organisation that supports your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing. We offer an impressive range of benefits including 3 days over Christmas and 3 days 'Community and Culture' leave allowing you to celebrate and contribute to things that are important to you outside of work; the opportunity to choose between 17% and 11% superannuation; $1500 personal development budget and expectational parental leave.
At UniSuper, we value and celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workplace, where everyone can thrive. We believe that having a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, abilities, and skills is crucial for delivering great retirement outcomes to our members. We invite you to apply for the roles that suit your career aspirations, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed. The opportunity
This newly created leadership role is accountable for the development, maintenance and embedding of professional standards to support the team in the delivery of advice and education to members, and clients, together with supporting the optimisation of the governance framework of the FA&E team to effectively manage operational risk. Three main components of the role are:
Key responsibilities include:
- Professional Standards, Tools and Templates
- Professional Development, Communication and Training
- Leading the development and maintenance of professional standards to support the client facing team in the delivery of advice, education and information to members and clients, as well as development and maintenance of appropriate templates and tools to support members, at the same time ensuring that professional standards are well understand and applied consistently by the Financial Advice and Education Team (FA&E)
- Provide guidance to the Advice Quality Assurance Team on the application of the professional standards advice files reviewed and member interactions
- Contributing and participating in FA&E Management Committees and Forums, ensuring timely and effective management of committee and forum logistics.
- Contributing to risk management by participating in the identification of relevant risks and considering the best ways to manage those risks via effective controls
- Managing and maintaining an Approved Product List (APL) to support advisers to recommend appropriate product solutions for clients consistent with their needs, preferences, and individual circumstances.
- Working with the legal team to ensure that the FA&E team has adequate Professional Indemnity cover as part of the annual renewal process.
- Designing and delivering comprehensive training programs to educate advice staff on regulatory changes, professional standards, and compliance obligations.
- Leading and contributing to, any relevant communications, coaching or training required by FA&E team members. Ensure the communication is appropriate given the nature of insight, learning or matter being addressed.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate for Financial Advice and the positive impact it has on clients achieving their goals.
In addition, you should ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in creating, management, and embedding a professional standard framework together with an understanding of risk and compliance management frameworks.
- The ability to balance the client experience, achieving operational efficiency while at the same time satisfying regulatory obligations.
- Strong technical leadership based on industry knowledge and experience and sound knowledge of the regulatory framework under which Financial Planning and Superannuation funds operate.
- Strong stakeholder management and experience in developing external business relationships.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate to achieve beneficial outcomes while being pragmatic and logical in approach and decision making.
- Relevant qualifications in Financial Planning, commerce and/or legal related fields.
We're passionate about sharing knowledge with our members and our employees, therefore we believe that a balance of working from home and time in office with your colleagues is the best way to collaborate and build relationships. We ask you to be able to commit to 60% of your time in office. Think Great. Create Great.