At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and the World?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people like you to build a better working world. What's in it for you?
As part of our Transaction Diligence team you will work with many of the world's largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
You will also:
What we're looking for
- Manage and participate in due diligence engagements related to the acquisition or disposal of businesses by private equity investors or strategic corporate buyers
- Analyse financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
- Project manage information flows and manage key stakeholders
- Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information
- Identify issues that impact purchase price and deal structuring
- Based on your analysis write up your findings and recommendations
- Identify business development opportunities and assist Partners and Directors on proposals and new business opportunities by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, building client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of client business
Here's our 'wish list', but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
What we can offer you
- A bachelors or master's degree in accounting, business, finance or economics
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or international equivalent
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in a Transaction Diligence role within a Consulting environment, working independently and with senior stakeholders on multiple engagement
Acknowledgement of Country
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Discover the various ways our benefits can cater to your needs, across wellness, financial wellbeing, and family-friendly policies which include 26 weeks gender neutral paid parental leave at www.ey.com/au/benefits
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders - past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation Apply now... we're over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we're ready to welcome yours.
Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DE&I) are core to who we are, how we work and how we live our values. We hold a collective commitment to continue to drive an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging - where people are inspired to team and lead inclusively in their interactions every day. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and are committed to providing an equitable and barrier free recruitment experience for all. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com. Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.