See job description for details
Forward thinking educational institute seeks Manager of Employee relations | Full time, permanent position Your new company
This position will see you working within the education sector for a forward-thinking educational institute, based in Melbourne's outer suburbs. You will manage and lead operational, workplace and employee relations advice across the Institute and its entities, whilst achieving strategic and operational plans and future goals. Your new role
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be the primary point of contact for the resolution of workplace and employee relations matters and provide expert solutions and strategies consistent with the current service delivery model. You will also:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide expert advice and strategies to enable the achievement of the institute's goals and strategies and coaching to the PCS team, to ensure excellent practice and provide effective resolution strategies to employee cases and matters related to the interpretation of Enterprise Agreements and Awards
- Represent and prepare submissions and advocacy of employee matters on behalf of the institute in external Tribunals and Commissions, including conciliations, mediations and hearings.
- Negotiate positive outcomes in a range of forums for complex employee relations matters
- Effectively manage complex and sensitive people matters, mitigating any legal and industrial risks.
- And more!
To be considered you will have:
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualification in Law
- Demonstrated experience managing and providing advice in workplace relations
- Experience with preparing submissions and representing in tribunals and commissions
- Proven experience with Employee relations matters, complex cases and sensitive situations
- Deep knowledge of relevant legislation, Collective Agreements and Awards
- Strong relationship building and people management skills
- Proven experience with Fair Work Australia, employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunity.
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to join a market leading institution in a supportive team. There is also competitive remuneration on offer. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Aimee Lobban now on 03 8616 8453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508